QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Closing a forum - how to save/archive the lot.

Started by LandyVlad, Sep 29, 2019, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

For a number of reasons mostly that the other admin started his own Drone forum, I'll be closing mine.

What's the best way to save/archive the forum info IN CASE someone else wants it in future (doubtful but I'd rather do that than just delete it all).

Then I just need to see if I can flog the domain to anyone to recoup my money.

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

You can just take a backup of the database, You could take a copy of all the forum files too, but not really needed, unless you have lots of attachments/files in there.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Skhilled

If you have that one site on your hosting and are using cPanel just use the backup wizard to back everything up.

If you have multiple sites there then use the backup wizard to backup the database in question. For the files, open File Manager and select /public_html on the left. Then highlight the folder containing all of the files on the right. Click "Compress" at the top and it will create a compressed file of your choosing right on the same page. Download it and you're done.

LandyVlad

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.