QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Move forum

Started by Ronald, Sep 21, 2021, 07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Quote from: Ronald on Sep 23, 2021, 07:55 AMI attempted to install RC4, I could not get it to accept the information I was feeding it, kept getting rejected.
You're not very clear nor exact on that part.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Sep 23, 2021, 08:20 AMYou're not very clear nor exact on that part.

I cleared the cPanel. Made a database, uploaded SMF 2.1 RC4 all the files went in, then the application open for install, as I was feeding the proper information in each box, and trying to go to next phase, I'd get a notice can't connect with database, I tried this a number of times with no success.

So I install SMF 2.0.18 using the softaculous and now I am right where I started outside of the public_html

Bigguy

How did you attempt to install it. :???
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Quote from: Ronald on Sep 23, 2021, 11:31 AMSo I install SMF 2.0.18 using the softaculous and now I am right where I started outside of the public_html
Sounds like your softaculous is saving to the wrong location.

Does it look like this when you install smf?

You can leave the 'In Directory' blank, it should install under public_html. I would have a word with your hosting.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Ronald

I always leave them blank.

Skhilled

Like I've said before, create a subdirectory. Where it says "In Directory" add one and it should put it under /public_html. If it doesn't then contact your hosting and ask them to fix this.