QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Backup solutions

Started by LandyVlad, Apr 28, 2022, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

Who's using what as far as backing up their forums is concerned?

Using commercial services?
Or a manual process? 

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I have WHM (cPanel) and use the automated backup to backup on the main server and another server not on the same data center.

Neša

Cpanel set to backup to a remote webdav server plus linodes vps backup option. This images the server every week

LandyVlad

When doing via cpanel do you mean setup a cron job?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

If you do not have a dedicated or vps server then, yes, you'll have to use a cron job. The servers I mentioned will give you a lot more freedom to do as you wish without creating cron job. However, there is a lot more to learn as you will have a ton more options to play with.

LandyVlad

dedicated servers are WAY expensive though.

Any tutorials on how to create /setup cron jobs? I've never done so.

Skhilled

I'm not very good at it either. LOL But here's a good one although the images show an older version of cPanel. It still should work, tho...

https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/backup-website-cpanel-manual-automatically-script-cron/