QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Zoho Mail

Started by Skhilled, Jun 04, 2023, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Been playing with this for a few months now and am liking it! It's kind of an Office type but for emails, reminders, tasks, etc. and very secure. You can collaborate with teams and a lot more!

https://www.zoho.com/mail/

A couple of days ago, after an update, I found out that they have SecurePass Mail.

QuoteWhat's a SecurePass Email?

SecurePass Email can be used to send confidential information or data that is shared by email but shouldn't be forwarded, downloaded, or copied&pasted. A link protected by a SecurePass code will be forwarded to the recipients via email. The secure passcode will only be sent to the actual recipient's email address, and the recipient must enter the code to view the email's content, which cannot be forwarded, copied&pasted, printed, or downloaded. The SecurePass Email can be set to expire after a certain period of time, after which the recipient will no longer be able to access the link and thus the content in the email.
https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/confidential-email.html

Bigguy

Does it have anything like a client list you can keep. :???
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Yes, but I can't access it atm. The buttons don't work for some reason. So, I posted a topic at their forum and am awaiting a reply. ASAIK, it should work but might need the paid version although it is cheap.

Neša

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 04, 2023, 08:37 AMBeen playing with this for a few months now and am liking it! It's kind of an Office type but for emails, reminders, tasks, etc. and very secure. You can collaborate with teams and a lot more!

https://www.zoho.com/mail/
I've used zoho for a few years as a mail provider, I don't have any of the office things.

Skhilled

I've considered getting a very cheap vps and hosting my own mail. Google is getting worse and worse. :P

Neša

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 06, 2023, 05:49 PMI've considered getting a very cheap vps and hosting my own mail. Google is getting worse and worse. :P
I wish you luck, I don't think I could handle all the headaches that come with email hosting.
Zoho is $3 a user per month, billed annually I think I'm on an old plan I have 30GB of space that I will never get close to :)

Skhilled

Basically, it would be for personal use and nothing more. It's not much of a headache once you get the server setup. Every now and then there's an update but that's it. The reason is then I control it as well as my privacy. Free hosting like gmail, facebook, etc. read all of your emails and target things to you. I don't have time for that crap. I'm not trying read emails all day that I don't want nor need all day long. I'm a busy guy who is trying to learn things to help myself and others as well as trying to help keep The Crip Zone and Jeff's dream alive.

I'm even thinking of switching my cell to a linux version to help get away from it all now that Windows, google, and apple have upgraded their services to AI. Can't trust anything any more. >:(

Neša

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 06, 2023, 09:47 PMBasically, it would be for personal use and nothing more. It's not much of a headache once you get the server setup. Every now and then there's an update but that's it. The reason is then I control it as well as my privacy. Free hosting like gmail, facebook, etc. read all of your emails and target things to you. I don't have time for that crap. I'm not trying read emails all day that I don't want nor need all day long. I'm a busy guy who is trying to learn things to help myself and others as well as trying to help keep The Crip Zone and Jeff's dream alive.

I'm even thinking of switching my cell to a linux version to help get away from it all now that Windows, google, and apple have upgraded their services to AI. Can't trust anything any more. >:(
Yeah the software is fine, I was talking about blacklists and your IP neighbors, I've had a cheap vps blacklisted because it fell into network range that had a lot of spammers. As I said I wish you luck  ;D

Not sure if you have heard of Graphene OS, I've been using it for 2 months now it works great only two things don't work for me. The first is Android Auto the second is Google Wallet payments, my banking app NFC payment still works.
The only downside is they only support Google Pixel phones, I bought a 6 Pro when it was on sale for 70% off.

LandyVlad

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 06, 2023, 09:47 PMI'm even thinking of switching my cell to a linux version

cell?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

Quote from: Neša on Jun 06, 2023, 11:53 PMYeah the software is fine, I was talking about blacklists and your IP neighbors, I've had a cheap vps blacklisted because it fell into network range that had a lot of spammers. As I said I wish you luck  ;D

Not sure if you have heard of Graphene OS, I've been using it for 2 months now it works great only two things don't work for me. The first is Android Auto the second is Google Wallet payments, my banking app NFC payment still works.
The only downside is they only support Google Pixel phones, I bought a 6 Pro when it was on sale for 70% off.
Oh, yeah I always check them out first. The last thing I want is to be blacklisted...um, next to getting hacked. lol

I've heard of CopperheadOS but didn't know they've changed the name. I haven't been keeping up lately but need to.

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jun 07, 2023, 07:15 PMcell?
Cell phone.

Skhilled

Quote from: Neša on Jun 06, 2023, 11:53 PMNot sure if you have heard of Graphene OS, I've been using it for 2 months now it works great only two things don't work for me. The first is Android Auto the second is Google Wallet payments, my banking app NFC payment still works.

So, do you get your software from Google Play or elsewhere?

lesmond

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Skhilled

Quote from: Bigguy on Jun 04, 2023, 03:20 PMDoes it have anything like a client list you can keep. :???
I went back to their forum and they said there was a server issue that was causing it but was fixed shortly after. I just to do a hard refresh. Now it works. You can categories such as family, friends, clients, etc. and also create or add whom you want to the lists.

Neša

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 07, 2023, 09:09 PMSo, do you get your software from Google Play or elsewhere?
You can install a sandboxed Google Play store to download apps you don't need to use a Micro G service. Or you can install F-Droid and get your apps from there.

The good thing is that the play store app and service are running as user apps you can disable all of their permissions if you like, that isn't possible on a normal phone. They run as a system application and that is the reason Android Auto will never work, it needs admin permissions to do somethings.

https://grapheneos.org/usage#sandboxed-google-play
https://grapheneos.org/usage#sandboxed-google-play-limitations

Skhilled

Yes! F-droid! I remember playing with something some years ago on an old phone and getting apps from elsewhere. Thanks for reminding me about that. :)

Now it's coming back to me. I remember that you could disable the play store apps permissions. But then the phone died and I got into other things and forgot about it. That was back when google apps were getting hacked, etc.