QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Force refresh?

Started by LandyVlad, Feb 11, 2019, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

So when changes are made to the forum colours icons etc, my members don't usually see them UNTIL they ctrl-F5 (or other OS equivalent)

Is there a way somehow to globally force a refresh for all users of (say) an SMF forum?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Other than clearing cache there is none that I know of....
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

live627

2.0.15? Edit index.template.php and change ?fin20 to something else. ?ver1, for example. Increment that number whenever you wanna load awesome new changes for everyone.

LandyVlad

Nah that doesn't force a refresh thougj does it?

Evenso I was hoping for something more... easy.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

live627

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 12, 2019, 05:11 AMNah that doesn't force a refresh thougj does it?
Mmm, it beats the browser cache.

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 12, 2019, 05:11 AMEvenso I was hoping for something more... easy.
Solved in 2.1 by using timestamps :)

Skhilled

For SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1 RC1 after any changes "IF" you has caching enabled on the forum:

Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance ->  Routine -> Empty the file cache. Click the "RUN TASK NOW." button.

Doing this manually at least once per week or setting an Scheduled Task to do it will help keep your forum running faster.