QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

See-Through Menus?

Started by Skhilled, May 16, 2022, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Is the admin menus in a different css file :???
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I've checked admin.css and there's no problem there.

Bigguy

I'll have to download a fresh copy of SMF and take a look in a bit.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

How's this goin for ya :???

Skhilled

I was waiting for you to take a look...remember? LOL But I'll just go over to smf and ask over there.

Bigguy

Well, ask over there and I will download it today. I have been really busy with my business lately. Everyone seems to want windows washed this year. Sorry for not being around a whole lot.

Skhilled

The problem seems to be with the main admin menus hiding behind the adm_submenus.

Bigguy

Out of curiosity....is there anything in the index.css file about admin menus. Around line 921 possibly. Just using the inspector in FF so the line # might be off.

Bigguy

Does this help at all for css for menus: (Line 894, index.css)

/* Levels 2 and 3 submenu wrapper. */
.dropmenu li ul, .top_menu {
    z-index: 90;
    position: absolute;
    display: none;
    min-width: 18.2em;
    padding: 0.5em;
    font-weight: normal;
    border: solid 1px #999;
    border-left: solid 1px #bbb;
    border-top: solid 1px #ccc;
    border-radius: 4px;
    box-shadow: 3px 3px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    background: #fff;
}
/* Level 2 link background. */
.dropmenu li li {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: 17em;
    font-size: 1em;
    border-radius: 3px;
    border: 1px solid transparent;
}
/* Necessary to allow highlighting of 1st level while hovering over submenu. */
.dropmenu li:hover li a, .dropmenu li li a {
    background: none;
    padding: 0 9px;
    color: #346;
    border: none;
    line-height: 2.2em;
}

.dropmenu li li a > img {
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Skhilled

Quote from: Bigguy on May 28, 2022, 03:41 PMOut of curiosity....is there anything in the index.css file about admin menus. Around line 921 possibly. Just using the inspector in FF so the line # might be off.

There is a "#main_menu", "#genericmenu", and a "#adm_submenus" in a few locations.

EDIT: That code didn't help.

Skhilled

Ok, I've redone the theme from scratch cause I figured it would be faster to get it done than waiting for a fix. LMAO I think it's ready for release. 8)

https://docskillz.com/skins

Bigguy

The second category there were the "testing, testing testing" is should maybe have a bit more space between itself and the title of the cat but other than that it looks real good. :rgton

Skhilled

Actually, it looked worse than that. I think it's a smf issue but not sure. It's one of the things I noticed when I first installed 2.1.2. There's a couple of other things that are slightly off but I fixed them so they lined up better.

EDIT: The other thing I forgot to mention is that the toggle up/down also does not line up correctly with the text and is quite hard to adjust it.

Skhilled

Bigguy

It's this bit here, I think it's to close together. Just my opinion though.

You cannot view this attachment.