QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

The shortage is over

Started by Bigguy, Apr 20, 2022, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Some are saying the shortage on chips is over. That would be nice. I might finally be able to afford a new gpu.

Read More
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Well, it will take some time for it to reach normal users like us. I've been reading the tech news and mags and they say maybe next year.

Bigguy

Next year is fine....as long as it's over.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

Looks like there are a few cheaper cards already out:

Click

Skhilled

Yeah, I read about those in Maximum PC magazine last month. But they aren't rated very well.

Bigguy

Probably wouldn't last long.

LandyVlad

I've got a RX5700XT GPU and its perfectly good for things I've tried on it. With people likely to be starting to buy new GPUs again might be worth keeping an eye on the 2nd hand market.

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-RX-5700-XT-vs-Radeon-RX-6400
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Ronald

I understand America wants to start producing chips. Be a great thing, China has taken over the markets, time for America to start Made in America again.

Skhilled

If only they wouldn't produce cheap part and make some quality ones. The problem with most American companies is they care more about making money than pleasing the customer. They want workers to work faster and longer hours and not care about quality so they can produce more products, sadly.