QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

This Bugs Me About 2.1

Started by Skhilled, Jan 14, 2023, 09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neša

The license might not have been updated, they have a 2023 release.
https://github.com/samclarke/SCEditor/releases/tag/v3.2.0

shawnb61

SMF is current & secure.  If you look at the sceditor release history, in fact, you'll see one of the SMF devs collaborates with them regularly.

SMF even helped out with a security issue back in 2021, the 3.0.0 release of the editor.
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/6535

Skhilled

Ah! That really had me confused. I was seriously hoping it wasn't true.

Bigguy

Quote from: Skhilled on Mar 13, 2023, 08:55 PMI was editing the sceditor file
You might wanna hold off. From what I hear there is a new attachment ui being delivered with the next version of SMF.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Dave

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 22, 2023, 07:48 AMYou might wanna hold off. From what I hear there is a new attachment ui being delivered with the next version of SMF.

It's possible that relates to all the info I gave Shawnb about my experience with the attachments...it also might not ;
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Skhilled

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 22, 2023, 07:48 AMYou might wanna hold off. From what I hear there is a new attachment ui being delivered with the next version of SMF.

I 'was' having a problem updating it but think it was more of a caching issue because after I logged out and came back the next day it was resolved...go figure. lol

LandyVlad

Attachment issues?

How is 2.1.4 progressing in github BTW?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Quote from: LandyVlad on Mar 23, 2023, 12:28 AMHow is 2.1.4 progressing in github BTW?
Very nicely really. I'm pretty sure the version number was changed the other day so it won't be long.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

It doesn't look like there many changes to the theme...only 2 that I saw. :) Less work for me. LOL

shawnb61

The SMF site is on 2.1.4.

Skhilled

Yes, I think someone mentioned to me that it was on 2.1.4. :)

Skhilled

One thing I've noticed is that if you "Modify" a post and try to edit it it no longer drops down to the cursor but remains were the last post was entered. It used to do it but now makes it less user friendly...