QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SMF Hall of Fame mod - update issue

Started by LandyVlad, Jun 12, 2023, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I've managed to screw up the SMF Hall of Fame mod

I think my brain has failed. I went to install the latest version so I uninstalled the existing one (did NOT tick to remove info from database)then deleted from package manager and uploaded new version and installed.

BUT not it's telling me  Nothing to Show Yet

???

What did I do  wrong / how can I fix it please.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Dave

Landy,

Looking at the SMF mods page for it, it say's 'COMPATIBLE WITH 2.0.15, 2.1 RC1'

Not sure what you're using but if it's 2.1.3/4 then my guess is the mod would need updating, quite a lot of 2.1RC mods wont now work with the full blown 2.1

I'd suggest applying the latest site and database backup and go back to the way it was before you installed it
If you want play quizzes or games click below

LandyVlad

It works its just that all previous data disappeared
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Neša

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jun 15, 2023, 05:30 PMIt works its just that all previous data disappeared
It might have overwritten the database tables when you reinstalled, you could try restoring the tables it uses from a backup and see if it fixes your issue.

As always do a DB backup before you try the restore  ;D

LandyVlad

I have absolutely no idea how to "restore the tables it uses from a backup"

Neša

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jul 01, 2023, 06:42 AMI have absolutely no idea how to "restore the tables it uses from a backup"

That's OK, do you have any backup that would still have data for the mod?

LandyVlad

No its not a major issue though because there are only a few people I'd need to put in, so I can live with that. Just need to know which is the best one to use from now on.