QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Major Problem

Started by Ronald_01, Apr 06, 2024, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_01

This is hard to explain. I was installing a new forum using the Softaculous, don't know how it happened but it did.

I can not locate the seniors database, yet when I click on one other link from a different source it opens to seniors.

I do know my computer remembers ever move I make, and when I attempt to type it adds for me, I figure this is part of the problem.

1. You cannot view this attachment.
2. You cannot view this attachment.
3. You cannot view this attachment.
4. You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

It looks like it's in a folder called "test_board".
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald_01

Nope, click on test board and will not open.

See a couple of images.

test board You cannot view this attachment.

click to forum You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

Softaculous should never be used. I would think it has something to do with that. Did you have a erver backup at all.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald_01

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 07, 2024, 07:49 AMSoftaculous should never be used. I would think it has something to do with that. Did you have a erver backup at all.

I always had problems using the way it should be done, Softaculous is the way I have been doing them for years. I know I have been told many times not to use this method. I am not a computer or coder genius, old fashion ways for me.

I figure it's the dam computer remembering things, when you start typing it adds the old memory as soon as you hit the first or second letter. Before I realized what was going on it happened.

Server doesn't do backups, I do very little backups, due to it being a small forum.

Looks like no one knows how to solve this, so I'll just move on.
Thanks for the response.

Bigguy

If it was Softaculous and you have no server backup I don't think there is a way to get it back. Maybe someone else has an idea about it.

Dave

Can't say I've ever used Softaculous. I install via uploading SMF with ftp direct to the folder/root I want it to go to.

If you want to stop the PC remembering Ron you need to clear out the browser cache, via settings and I think in most cases go 'Privacy and Security' then you should be presented with the options you need.

If you want something installed again then you can always ask me, I don't mind. I think you know you can trust me by now.

UPDATE: I've just had a look at the 'test_board' folder Ron and the 'Themes' and 'Sources' folders have a 1 in the folder name, this mean the site will not work.

When I rename the folder to their default the site works, see the attached image.

As I'm not sure what you've done or why they were renamed but I have set them back as they were.

If you need my help let me know
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Skhilled

Yes, it could be a browser caching issue. You should clear your browser's cache regularly.

However, it could also be a redirect issue where a link is redirected to another url...