QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

theme color variations for SMF 2.1

Started by lesmond, Mar 05, 2019, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 09, 2019, 01:15 PMHow did ya put the buttons up top like that. I  have this working now but can't figure that part out.
in index_template and css

in index.template find the /* Theme switcher */ section you will see the code under that comment.

And at the bottom of each color Css find
/* style_switcher  */
#style_switcher { padding: 0 0.5em; margin-top: -2em; float: right; display: block; vertical-align: middle; }
#style_switcher a { display: block; width: 12px; height: 12px; -moz-border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px; -webkit-border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px; border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px;
}

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

I'll give it a shot soon, thanks.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Each color must have its own css file, with this one I have index_gold.css and index_silver.css, I have removed index.css.

And also SMF adds these to the current theme settings automatically, another thing I found, you can add the thumbnails to show auto too, just name them to the colors your using ie.. thumbnail_silver.png smf will pick up on them.

Bigguy

Yeah, I have two css files so far. It's a nice option to add for members. I try playin around tomorrow. :)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

I figured out why you cant add the color changes here, its the top banner with the search, user/message/alerts, its stuck in one place so the color buttons don't work with that, maybe a way but I don't know how :dontknow  :emb

Bigguy

I think I know. There is a post here on how to put text in the top bar...that would do. ;)