QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Ultimate Menu

Started by Ronald, Dec 24, 2021, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

SMF 2.1 RC4 I have two live links in the header that I added. I would like to change the ? to a different icon. How can I do this.

https://theover50goldengroup.net/index.php last two buttons.

Skhilled

It is in a sprite image: https://theover50goldengroup.net/Themes/christmas/images/icons/main_icons_sprite.png

You'll need to edit the part of the sprite where the image is with your own image. This is how 2.1 does most of it's images. Click the link and you'll see it is the first image on the top left.

Ronald

Any idea the location?

Skhilled

The location of the directory for the file? If so, look at the link.

If you mean the exact location of the image on the sprite. Again, click the link and look at the top left of the image...it is the very first image. Here's the css code you need to find for it:

.main_icons::before {
    content: '';
    width: 16px;
    height: 16px;
    display: inline-block;
    background: url(../images/icons/main_icons_sprite.png) no-repeat -5px -5px / 260px auto;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Remember, if you wish to edit css files you should always uncheck "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" while editing files or you will get incorrect line numbers and things will not work as expected. Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> General and you'll find it. Leaving it unchecked will only affect the speed of your site, maybe. But there will not be a huge speed difference.

Ronald

All I want to do is change one image to another image. Looks impossible to do.

Skhilled

Ronald

I just wish to change the 2 icons of the ? to maybe an arrow, anything but the ?.

Skhilled

Ok, then do a search and find the arrows or something else you like and I can help you.

Ronald

Here is mario: You cannot view this attachment.

You will have to resize the image.

You cannot view this attachment. try this one/

Skhilled

Try this:

You cannot view this attachment. 

Ronald

Thanks Steve. I made the changes, but still shows the same? in the two buttons.
Do I need to make other changes also, else where.

Ronald

Quote from: Ronald on Dec 27, 2021, 09:19 AMThanks Steve. I made the changes, but still shows the same? in the two buttons.
Do I need to make other changes also, else where.

Had to add the file to sprite_hd.png also.
Works great now.
Thanks.

Skhilled

Oh yes! I forgot all about that. LMAO