QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

End of an era

Started by Bigguy, Sep 17, 2022, 07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

It really sucks for us gamers and for EVGA. I hear they are splitting from nVidia. No more gpu's for you.

News
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I have an old EVGA dvd sitting near me atm. LOL

Yeah, waiting to see how this pans out...

Bigguy

I don't think it's going to. EVGA says their not going to make them anymore for anyone. maybe they have come up with their own. :dontknow
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Have a look at Jayztwocents video on the topic (the shorter video not the livestream).

It would appear this is entirely a result of the way nVidia treats it's "partners" that has made working with nVidia increasingly untenable.  I'll bet that in the medium term others are similarly affected. EVGA has just taken a decision to stop losing money earlier than others.

Prediction is that nVidia is working toward a situation where they have their own branded cards and ultimately not necessarily any partners in the long term.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Skhilled

Hmmm, sounds like (moving forward) that nVidia may have put the nail in their own coffin. This may have given the others more opportunity to move forward and create more and better products like in the past. ;) As I've said before...we'll just have to wait and see...