QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Kamo 4

Started by Skhilled, Aug 01, 2022, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

For those who've been here awhile, you probably already know about CCleaner. I've been using the free version for a number of years so now and again I donate to them. But last year I decided to purchase the paid/pro version.

So, this year when it was time to renew the subscription, I received an email stating that I can get two years for the price of one! I looked into it and saw I would also get Speccy Pro, Recurva Pro, and Kamo.

I've already have known about the other two and have used Speccy off and on but the pro features add a lot more. Anyways, the main reason of this topic is about Kamo which I've never heard of until now. It is a type of VPN/digital fingerprinting blocker that works along side of your antivirus, ad blockers, etc. I'm putting it to the test now but seems to work pretty good, so far.

https://www.ccleaner.com/kamo

Neša

How does it work? Is it hooked into the browser then sends false information?
I went on the website there isn't a lot of information on how it works.

I think a free version of it would be to use the Tor Browser and browser the internet with that, they also have fingerprint mitigation.

Bigguy

I've never heard of it either. Looks interesting though.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Well, it came free with a two year deal of the Ccleaner paid version along with a few other things. I've been using the free version of Ccleaner for years so I thought I'd play nice and give something back.

Yes, it is similar to TOR browser, which I haven't played with in quite awhile. But this one allows you to use the browser of your choice (great for me since I have to test various themes in different browsers.) You can also whitelist sites as I do this one. No need to do it here or on some other sites I use.

It also protects files and directories on your PC or lappy but there's no mobile version yet. It also has a password manager included.

Bigguy

Sounds good. I just don't have extra money to spare to buy CC. I was actually gonna start lookin for something else but haven't started yet. I liked Malwarebytes but then I started to hear bad things about it so I stayed away.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Malwarebytes used to be good years ago but not now. :(

Bigguy

Yeah I know eh, it was a good program. It's really to bad.