QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Quizzes and games

Started by Dave, Dec 04, 2022, 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I have a site, well I have 2 sites but the main one for me right now is www.quizland.co.uk. It's for playing quizzes and games in the arcade

When SMF2.1 was released I paid someone to update the quiz mod that had been around for years, as Shades and Steve both know. Since then I've been working with Diego getting the quiz mod up to date and more reliant on hooks, which he has now done, I should add that most of my input was testing for errors. I'm also a beta tester for Chen's arcade, as I know a few here are too

There are more than 2700 arcade games, and thanks to Ronald that is increasing gradually and there are 582, I can be precise as I've just checked ;)

I'm creating quizzes all the time and recently have added music quizzes that you listen to a music clip and have to select the correct answer. I have to admit it's great fun creating the quizzes. The music quizzes are not for download as they link to music tracks on my server, but all other normal quizzes are available via the downloads mod.

Steve gave me a copy of the latest Cleantek theme which I have messed around with and created a Christmas theme and I have just completed today a New Years theme too. The Christmas theme is the default for the board at the moment and the New Years theme can be seen by using the portal 'Theme Select' drop box.

If anyone wants a copy of either for 2.1.3 let me know and as long as Steve doesn't mind I'll post it here as an attachment.

I should add at this point that I am not a coder but I do get by in time by trial and error changes to the code.

I hope you like what you see and feedback is very welcome.

:vcool
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Bigguy

I like your xmas theme, very nice. The header looks a bit to wide for the body of the forum. Is it supposed to be that way. I do like it though, good work. :rgton
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Dave

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 04, 2022, 09:52 AMI like your xmas theme, very nice. The header looks a bit to wide for the body of the forum. Is it supposed to be that way. I do like it though, good work. :rgton

Thank you for the kind comment

It might be a browser thing BG as I changed the width so it was the same as the body, I was trying to get it to be auto width but I don't know how to do that in css coding

Skhilled

Quote from: Dave on Dec 04, 2022, 09:41 AMSteve gave me a copy of the latest Cleantek theme which I have messed around with and created a Christmas theme and I have just completed today a New Years theme too. The Christmas theme is the default for the board at the moment and the New Years theme can be seen by using the portal 'Theme Select' drop box.

If anyone wants a copy of either for 2.1.3 let me know and as long as Steve doesn't mind I'll post it here as an attachment.

I should add at this point that I am not a coder but I do get by in time by trial and error changes to the code.

I hope you like what you see and feedback is very welcome.

:vcool
I don't mind, go for it, bro! ;)

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 04, 2022, 09:52 AMI like your xmas theme, very nice. The header looks a bit to wide for the body of the forum. Is it supposed to be that way. I do like it though, good work. :rgton
Yeah, I saw that and was trying to fix it when I have the time. I think the problem is that the header is to put within the wrapper as I've done with Cleantek and a few other themes. ;) Doing it that will make it conform to the width or the rest of the main body. I think it has to be done in boardindex.template.php or index.template.php... I forget atm and need to look at the code to be sure...

Dave

Quote from: Skhilled on Dec 04, 2022, 09:58 AMI don't mind, go for it, bro! ;)
Yeah, I saw that and was trying to fix it when I have the time. I think the problem is that the header is to put within the wrapper as I've done with Cleantek and a few other themes. ;) Doing it that will make it conform to the width or the rest of the main body. I think it has to be done in boardindex.template.php or index.template.php... I forget atm and need to look at the code to be sure...

I will investigate wrappers, thanks for the tip Steve

Skhilled

I was just checking the files I have and don't see a diff between them and the default. I think I may be mistaken... I do remember moving the header code somewhere to make it fit within the forum instead of on top of it. I remember Les and I talking about it. He help me work on the CZ themes. ;)

LandyVlad

I cant see all footer links in Christmas theme - no contrast between part sof image and link text.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Dave

Quote from: LandyVlad on Dec 04, 2022, 07:52 PMI cant see all footer links in Christmas theme - no contrast between part sof image and link text.

I've changed the footer now

lesmond

Dave you should also change the header width, in index.css....

Code ("line 1179") Select
    width: 68%;

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Dave

Quote from: lesmond on Dec 05, 2022, 07:38 AMDave you should also change the header width, in index.css....

Thanks for the pointers Lesmond

I've done that and changed the footer so the links and copyright are easier to see. I changed the settings in the new year one to.

I'm now happy with both of those and have downloaded the updated versions if anyone wants them.

Bigguy

Quote from: Dave on Dec 05, 2022, 10:05 AMI'm now happy with both
I like it now, it all flows. Great xmas theme.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Dave

Skhilled

Quote from: lesmond on Dec 05, 2022, 07:38 AMDave you should also change the header width, in index.css....

I tried that a few days ago but it didn't want to play nice for me. LOL

LandyVlad

Footer still looks like this:

You cannot view this attachment.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Dave

Quote from: LandyVlad on Dec 06, 2022, 12:59 AMFooter still looks like this:

You cannot view this attachment.

You need to clear the cache in your browser LandyVlad that image is no longer used, the image below is what you should see