QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

2.1.3 released

Started by Bigguy, Nov 22, 2022, 06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

@Dave -

1. Can you send me a copy of what the variable attachmentUploadDir looked like in your settings table BEFORE the upgrade?

2. Did you receive any warnings at the start of the upgrade about your attachment settings?

Shawn

Dave

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 09:46 AM@Dave -

1. Can you send me a copy of what the variable attachmentUploadDir looked like in your settings table BEFORE the upgrade?

Sorry Shawn even in code tags, the info wouldn't show

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 09:46 AM2. Did you receive any warnings at the start of the upgrade about your attachment settings?

Shawn

I don't remember seeing one Shawn
If you want play quizzes or games click below

shawnb61

A couple more questions...

Are both folders listed valid?  Do both contain your attachments? 

Could you send me an unedited version via pm?  The main thing I want to see is whether the serialization is 100% valid for both entries...   (Or run it thru an online unserialize checker yourself....)

Thanks

Thanks,

shawnb61

&...

3.How many attachments are in each folder?

4. Are both folders listed in attachment settings in 2.1?

Dave

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 10:28 AMA couple more questions...

Are both folders listed valid?  Do both contain your attachments?

Yes both folders are valid and have the attachments in them. I can see the attachments on the website and in the posts as they should be and they are inline (now the attachments mod is installed) as they should too. 

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 10:28 AMCould you send me an unedited version via pm?  The main thing I want to see is whether the serialization is 100% valid for both entries...   (Or run it thru an online unserialize checker yourself....)

Thanks

I will try, as I don't know if the code will work in PMs or not. I don't know how to run an online unserialize checker, or even where to do it Shawn

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 10:37 AM&...

3.How many attachments are in each folder?

attachments has 1274 files
aa_attachments has 343

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 10:37 AM4. Are both folders listed in attachment settings in 2.1?

Yes

shawnb61

Thank you, very helpful.

shawnb61

@Dave - One more....

In your old database, BEFORE the latest upgrade, did you have a value in the settings table for the variable 'attachments_21_done' ?

Dave

Quote from: shawnb61 on Dec 07, 2022, 08:01 PM@Dave - One more....

In your old database, BEFORE the latest upgrade, did you have a value in the settings table for the variable 'attachments_21_done' ?

Hi Shawn,

'attachments_21_done' is not there, nor is it in any variation of attachments_21 etc. To check I used notepad++ and searched for the value.

Dave

As an update, the issue in the post I made here https://www.smfhelper.com/index.php?msg=9913, has now been resolved.

It was all related to PHP versions or at least that's what fixed it for me. The old site SMF2.0.19 was on PHP7.4 and after upgrading it to SMF2.1.3 it remained on that, then when I went install the packages it gave that error. I then upgraded the site to PHP8.0 and the packages now install fine, in fact I did another test and reverted to 7.4 and the error came back then back to 8.0 and it all works fine now.

So if any of you guys with a SMF2.0 site that you want to update and the same happens just remember this. I certainly hope that helps someone

Ronald

Glad you got is done. Simple mistake most of us make.
I read somewhere back that SMF 2.1 needs php8.0 to run.

shawnb61

SMF 2.1 itself requires 7.0 or greater:
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.1:Requirements_and_recommendations

But many mods have started using newer php8+ only syntax already.

Skhilled

@Bigguy You might want to change the News that says that the stable SMF version is 2.1.3. ;)