QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

boardicons

Started by Ronald, Aug 08, 2022, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Can I get someone to redo the boardicons for me please.

Boardicons:  You cannot view this attachment.

Mario images: You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment. 

lesmond

You havent said in what order you want them?

But this is what I have done..

You cannot view this attachment.

Ronald

Have to add one more: You cannot view this attachment.

Only allowed so many image uploads.

If someone can do this for me please, I'd appreciate it.
Ron.

Bigguy

It can be done yes. I might be able to do it tomorrow night. Got work tomorrow morning and I have a wheel bearing to get out and replace on my truck. Tomorrow night could be free for me though. If someone else jumps in that's cool.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 08, 2022, 04:57 PMIt can be done yes. I might be able to do it tomorrow night. Got work tomorrow morning and I have a wheel bearing to get out and replace on my truck. Tomorrow night could be free for me though. If someone else jumps in that's cool.

Be OK with me, unless like you say someone else jumps in.

I miss doing automotive repairs.

Bigguy

You wouldn't miss this one. Trying to replace a pressed in rear wheel bearing on a 2002 ford escape with no tools. (slide hammer, bearing replacement kit, etc)I should have it replaced tomorrow....after 5 days of trying. >:(  I'll try to be here tomorrow night.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 08, 2022, 07:41 PMYou wouldn't miss this one. Trying to replace a pressed in rear wheel bearing on a 2002 ford escape with no tools. (slide hammer, bearing replacement kit, etc)I should have it replaced tomorrow....after 5 days of trying. >:(  I'll try to be here tomorrow night.

I use to use pullers, ever get a fried bearing off.

Take care not to get hurt, this is quite a job, maybe better to have a mechanic do it. They have the tools.

Bigguy

I should have said, mine is a 4x4. I have axles in the back so it's a bit different than this. I tried to rent the tools but they were incomplete so no good to me. I have changed out the two front wheel bearings but that was easy. I went and got the whole knuckle with the bearing in it. So things I have changed out are;

Outer tie rod ends
control arms
lower ball joints
rotors
pads
Front steering knuckles (All of this on both sides of front)

Then I found out the rear wheel bearing was gone. So...with no tools, I am 3/4's done. I hope to be here tomorrow night but I'm tired, lmao. I love the experience and the time but I live in the salt capital of Canada. So nothing is easy. I did watch this video btw, and about 15 or 20 others, lol. It doesn't make it much easier, lol.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 08, 2022, 09:16 PMI should have said, mine is a 4x4. I have axles in the back so it's a bit different than this. I tried to rent the tools but they were incomplete so no good to me. I have changed out the two front wheel bearings but that was easy. I went and got the whole knuckle with the bearing in it. So things I have changed out are;

Outer tie rod ends
control arms
lower ball joints
rotors
pads
Front steering knuckles (All of this on both sides of front)

Then I found out the rear wheel bearing was gone. So...with no tools, I am 3/4's done. I hope to be here tomorrow night but I'm tired, lmao. I love the experience and the time but I live in the salt capital of Canada. So nothing is easy. I did watch this video btw, and about 15 or 20 others, lol. It doesn't make it much easier, lol.

I have a 03 Caravan, I have had enormous amount of work done on it at the Chrysler dealer, had the body redone three years ago, rust is back. Now I need a lot of front end work, maybe worth another 3 grand.

At todays prices, can't afford another vehicle.

lesmond

You havent said in what order you want them?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Ronald

Quote from: lesmond on Aug 09, 2022, 09:59 AMYou havent said in what order you want them?

Doesn't matter Les. Thanks. Appreciate you doing them.

Bigguy

Thanks @lesmond I just got finished the wheel bearing yesterday about 6 o'clock. Went to bed early, lol. Hell of a job.

Ronald

Tough work being a backyard mechanic isn't it.

I use to do a lot of small engine repairs plus some automotive repairs. I had a lot of tools to do the work, but things change all the time.

Had a yard sale one weekend long ago, all tools sold quick.

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Aug 11, 2022, 10:16 AMTough work being a backyard mechanic isn't it.
It is when you don't have a slide hammer or a bearing kit to take this crap off, lol. I had to pull the bearing out by hand and then cut the outer race out of the knuckle with a dremel tool and diamond tip bits. It really sucked. Plus all the ran we have had lately meant I couldn't be out there every day.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 11, 2022, 12:01 PMIt is when you don't have a slide hammer or a bearing kit to take this crap off, lol. I had to pull the bearing out by hand and then cut the outer race out of the knuckle with a dremel tool and diamond tip bits. It really sucked. Plus all the ran we have had lately meant I couldn't be out there every day.

My area has had very little rain

Bigguy

I wish it was like that here. >:(