QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

WiFi protocol flaw allows attackers to hijack network traffic

Started by Skhilled, Apr 02, 2023, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Cybersecurity researchers have discovered a fundamental security flaw in the design of the IEEE 802.11 WiFi protocol standard, allowing attackers to trick access points into leaking network frames in plaintext form.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/wifi-protocol-flaw-allows-attackers-to-hijack-network-traffic/

LandyVlad

Quote"Cisco also recommends implementing transport layer security to encrypt data in transit whenever possible because it would render the acquired data unusable by the attacker," reads the Cisco security advisory.

TLS is generally enabled by default anyway (I think) so should be OK.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

"IF" you are using modern software. There's a lot of users and companies who don't, unfortunately and is why they tend to get hacked. It costs a company a lot of money to upgrade they hardware, software, etc. especially if they are a large company and is why they often don't do it. About 2 years ago I went to my bank's ATM for a withdrawal. Something was wrong with it and the Windows 7 logo appeared! I was so pissed off! How could a bank of all things keep using outdated software? I switched banks!

lesmond

Not so long ago, I had to see a nurse, and she was using her works laptop, It had Windows XP!  :dontknow  :o

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe