QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Change Forum Name

Started by Ronald, Sep 18, 2019, 02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I had intended on shutting my forum down due to lack af members, and ativicty, may have 5 or 6 posting sometimes..

But I have decided to keep it open.

It is SMF 2.1 I wish to change the name, I have a new domain name for it..  What is the procedure for all the changes need to be made? Where do I start?

Skhilled

First, you have to go to your domain's registar (godaddy, namecheap, etc.) and point the domain to your server's nameservers...ns1, ns2, etc.

Then, you have to upload repair_settings.php (link below) from SMF to your root forum's folder and run it in a browser to change your forum's settings.

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Sep 19, 2019, 09:43 AMFirst, you have to go to your domain's registar (godaddy, namecheap, etc.) and point the domain to your server's nameservers...ns1, ns2, etc.

Then, you have to upload repair_settings.php (link below) from SMF to your root forum's folder and run it in a browser to change your forum's settings.

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools

Nameservers are the same, Just want to change the forum name as well as all the links.

Thanks

Skhilled

Ronald

Do it later tonight.

The new name seniorforums.ca should I add this as a addon domain in the cpanel

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Sep 21, 2019, 03:32 AMDid it work for you?

Nope didn't work for me, I always have a problem with trying repair settings and the other things.

But it did work for bigguy, he knows what he's doing.. He got it all changed over and running.

All I had to do was delete the repair settings from the cpanel

Skhilled

Bigguy

"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin