QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SMF 2.1.2 Released

Started by Bigguy, May 09, 2022, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I was a little late on the draw. I said there was going to be an update before this release but I didn't get around to it. Anyway, congrats to all involved for getting 2.1.2 out the door. official topic can be found below.

Read More

Closed GH Issues
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I saw this yesterday and downloaded it and tried to upgrade my 2.1.1 theme testing forum but got errors. So, I dropped all of the tables in the db and deleted the files and used the full install. Install went fine and the site loaded. But whenever I would click on the Home button or the same link in a breadcrumb it would take me to the install page again! :dontknow Yes, I checked and the install.php files were not there.

I tried 3 times yesterday and once today and got the same thing! WTF? I have never seen that happen before. So, I completely deleted the db and the files directories and created new ones with a different name and now it's finally working!

That was the weirdest SMF thing I've ever seen! LOL

Bigguy

This is good to know. I may hold off for a bit then, lol. Has this been reported. :???
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I "FINALLY" got it working! :vcool  I think that somehow the tab I was using in my browser was cached because I kept using the same one. On a hunch, I deleted it and tried once again in a new tab and it finally works!

Jeez! 3 days of screwing around with this! That may also have been part of the problem with the theme I was working on but not sure. :dontknow

But the one thing that I don't get is that I still don't see the update version in the admin for Docskillz! Ken has the same issue.

Bigguy

I don't think it shows in my admin panel either.

Bigguy

Actually, it did show up and I just updated the forum to 2.1.2. Slick and easy. :vcool

Skhilled

I just tried a different browser and still got the same thing. My guess is that it may be server related? Somehow it is not updating the version as it should.

EDIT: Maybe the 2.0 branch doesn't show anything high than 2.0.x...

Bigguy

Do you have any adblockers or ghostery or anything like that. :???

Skhilled

Yes, but it never stopped it before. Btw, I've edited my last post.

Bigguy

Quote from: Skhilled on May 13, 2022, 07:19 AMMaybe the 2.0 branch doesn't show anything high than 2.0.x...
That's possible. Never thought of that but it makes sense.

Skhilled

I just wish my dumb ass thought of it before all of this. LMAO

Bigguy

It happens to all of us. ;)

Oldiesmann

2.0 is technically still supported so that's why it isn't showing 2.1 as the latest. The same thing happened with 1.1 when 2.0 was released.
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Skhilled

Yeah, it's been awhile and I forgot. LOL And I've been using SMF since v1.0.3 or 4, I think. LOL

Oldiesmann

I've been using SMF longer. I followed the crowd over from YaBB SE and got involved on the team pretty early on :)
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Skhilled

Yeah, I remember seeing you there back then. ;) They had a great team back then.