QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the week

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Server move

Started by Bigguy, Mar 22, 2022, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

There is going to be a server move sometime very soon. It is already in the works. The server this site is currently on is in need of some TLC. So we are moving everything off it and redoing it. I will make another announcement when this is complete. You might experience a bit of downtime for the DNS to update but other than that all should go smooth.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

The server move should be complete. We are now On @Neša server. So we are being served from Australia. If things are a bit slow that could be why. I want to thank Nesa for doing the move. He's a great server admin for sure. We are now going to redo the other server and make it better than it was. Not sure when we will be back on it but it should be soon. I hope ya'll didn't experience to much down time.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Looks like you lost 5 days of posts in the move :dontknow

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Oldiesmann

How did you lose posts in the move? I always put things in maintenance mode before moving them specifically so that doesn't happen.
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Bigguy

I don't know. I didn't exactly know when the move was gonna take place. I have done maintenance and that never turned anything up so I don't know. I don't wanna play with the database at all so I'll leave things like this for now til I figure somethin out.

lesmond

didn't you take a backup of the database first? :emb

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Yup, I always take a backup. That's one of the first rules. I think using it now wouldn't do a lot of good. We would lose the posts we have now compared to what was posted. It's my fault for not keeping in closer contact with Nesa. I got a bit busy and wasn't sure when the move was goin so I might not have backed up the database before the move at the right time (If that makes sense). I'm sure Nesa did though, I would think. I did back it up though but not sure if it was in time or not.....It's complicated on my end but to be sure if we lost posts it was my fault, which I am sorry for. :emb :bnghd

LandyVlad

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

LandyVlad

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 27, 2022, 09:33 AMWe are now On @Neša server. So we are being served from Australia.

Straya! Suits me :)

@Neša are you an Aussie?

Neša

Yep I'm from Melbourne, I've moved to Warrnambool during Covid and live here now.
Life is a lot slower they don't have peak hour traffic it is a peak 30 min :D

LandyVlad

I like Warrnambool.
Been to Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum a number of times.

Oldiesmann

I want to visit Australia one of these days - especially the Gold Coast area (because of WB Movie World and Dreamworld - I love roller coasters and amusement parks)

LandyVlad

I'm not far from Gold Coast (Brisbane) sop come on over!

Having said that I'm sure the US has more and bigger coasters.

Oldiesmann

You're talking to someone who has willingly driven 7+ hours to visit new parks and ride new roller coasters...

Neša

Quote from: LandyVlad on Mar 31, 2022, 12:10 AMI like Warrnambool.
Been to Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum a number of times.
I drive past it a lot when I take my dog for a walk near the beach. I've never been inside