QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

2.1 - Themes: installing new and what happens re mods?

Started by LandyVlad, Mar 05, 2019, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

OK I know with 2.0:
Installing mods could obviously only adjust theme files if they are already installed at the time the mod is installed.
If installing any new themes, where mods were already in place, it would either be a matter of uninstalling all mods. Adding the theme then reinstalling all mods, OR use the parser and make any edits to theme files for every mod manually.

I'd assume that the same is true for SMF 2.1 ?

I gather that with the increased use of hooks, there are few mods that need to adjust theme files?

Is there an easy way of finding out which mods adjust theme files?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Quote from: LandyVlad on Mar 05, 2019, 07:21 PMIs there an easy way of finding out which mods adjust theme files?
Parse them on the mod site before installing and take note of what files they are editing. With the use of hooks things get a lot easier but there are a lot of mods out there that do not use them as of yet.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

So when I parse them how do I recognise which are theme files and which not? 
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Mar 12, 2019, 01:06 AMSo when I parse them how do I recognise which are theme files and which not? 

normally when it says ./Themes/default/index.template.php then it will look for the same edits in your custom theme, and try to add the edits

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Skhilled

Also, if your custom theme do not have a file mentioned then it will use the default theme's version of the file. If needed you could add a copy of the default's version in the proper place in your custom theme's folders. ;)