QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Text coilour

Started by LandyVlad, Feb 09, 2019, 03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

It's horrible. Blue for sub text and also text in posts.
Not very pleasant to read.

I notice neither this site nor WUB suffer from this.

How do I change those things please?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lurkalot

lurkalot

You'd be better off adding the slogan colour to the css, that way it won't affect something it shouldn't.

In your index.css file, find

/* Float these items to the right */
#siteslogan, img#smflogo {
 padding-right: 2px;
 float: right;
 line-height: 50px;
 font-size: 1.8em;
}

Add your colour, like,

/* Float these items to the right */
#siteslogan, img#smflogo {
 padding-right: 2px;
 float: right;
 line-height: 50px;
 font-size: 1.8em;
 color: #0000FF;
}

Example, only mine's green, lol.. https://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

LandyVlad

OK so you'll have notuiced in the SMF forum that sycho's reply was

QuoteYou really shouldn't use html, it's just a hack, additionally you didn't close the font tag so your forum's html is full of

<font color="#0000FF">
</font>
scattered around

Does that mean that due to an error in formatting of that field, it now has scatered html all thorught my forum code?  How would that even happen?

And more to the point, how could I fix it ?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Just close the tag

</font>
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

Closing the tag will keep that color to where it is supposed to be. (so to speak)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

@bigguy
Well that didn't change any of the blue text stuff in the forum.

Would it be best just to upload the themes folder again, overwriting the existing one?

Aside from the text colours etc (and given I've not made any other code changes other than the one for the background you mentioned) would it have any adverse effects?

Bigguy

LandyVlad

Before I do that

1. Will it fix the other issues - eg blue text? etc

2. That's in the theme index.css so I'm thinking that it might be the smart thing to get the theme back to 100% normal, then I can copy the theme and make all changes ion my 'new' theme. Savvy?

2a. And to do 2, presumably I should uninstall mods, then make a copy as a new theme name and then then reinstall mods. Yes?

Bigguy

I would have to say you are right on all counts. 8)

LandyVlad

OK so I have changed the background according to your instructions in that thread.
The forum seems back to normal now font wise etc!

@Bigguy what is the logo text colour hex value you've used on this forum?

Bigguy

I got lazy and just used white.

Skhilled

@LandyVlad, press F12 on your keyboard and it will bring up the developers tools. You can use the eyedropper to find any color that is currently on the screen.

You can also pinpoint any part of the screen and it will show you the CSS and HTML/PHP code along with the line numbers which you can made non-destructive edits to see how something would look. When you refresh the screen the code will revert back to the way it was before your edits.

LandyVlad

Quote from: Skhilled on Feb 21, 2019, 07:35 AM@LandyVlad, press F12 on your keyboard and it will bring up the developers tools. You can use the eyedropper to find any color that is currently on the screen.

You can also pinpoint any part of the screen and it will show you the CSS and HTML/PHP code along with the line numbers which you can made non-destructive edits to see how something would look. When you refresh the screen the code will revert back to the way it was before your edits.

Cool, I didn't know how that worked. I;d seen it pop up in Edge browser sometimes obviously by accident.

I can;t find the eyedropper you mention (I'm using Chrome if that matters)

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 23, 2019, 10:08 PMI can;t find the eyedropper you mention (I'm using Chrome if that matters)

after you press F12, you will see the panel open at the bottom..
click on one of the small colors..
You cannot view this attachment.
This will open a color picker, and if you move your pointer over the screen it will change the color of the chosen colors.
You cannot view this attachment.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

So it does.
That is a REALLY handy tip to know.

Thanks !