QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SMF Arcade

Started by Bigguy, Sep 01, 2019, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

There is a new beta out for SMF Arcade. They are workin hard over there on the arcade and it is running great on 2.1 on this site. The new version number is 2.57.0 beta 5. If you have beta access you should update your version to the latest beta release.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

Another new beta release just a few days ago. SMF Arcade 2.6.1-RC23. It looks good. I have not installed it here yet but may be doing that soon.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 21, 2020, 02:22 PMAnother new beta release just a few days ago. SMF Arcade 2.6.1-RC23. It looks good. I have not installed it here yet but may be doing that soon.

Check it out, I have upgrade I believe about 12 RC's so far. https://arcadeholics.net/index.php

Chen brings out a RC about every two to four days.

Ronald

SMF Arcade is now SMF Arcade 2.6.2RC2

Chen has made a lot of improvements.

Bigguy

That's great to hear for sure. :rgton

Ronald

SMF Arcade is now SMF Arcade 2.6.2RC6  Final

lurkalot

Where's the menu link for the arcade?

Ronald

SMF Arcade is now SMF Arcade 2.6.2RC7

RC7 has been released.
The RAR decompression & compression works well as long as the requirements are met.
This is only for people that really want that support.
I have added an option to disable RAR compression support altogether even if all the criteria are met to enable it because currently it uses shell commands. There is a PHP package available for compression (RarArchiver) but it wasn't working properly when I last tested it. It has been updated recently so perhaps in the future I will change/update this.
Decompression can remain as is because that only uses straight PHP and is available if the appropriate PHP package is installed & enabled.

Unless anyone here reports an issue, this will likely be released as stable some time Sunday evening (EST).

Ronald

Quote from: lurkalot on Oct 30, 2020, 01:20 PMWhere's the menu link for the arcade?

Some forums have shut the arcades down, until they resolve the JVArcade game issues.

My Arcdae forum does not run any JVArcade games

Ronald

SMF Arcade 2.6.4-RC5 New now.

Bigguy

I might get that installed here soon.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Nov 15, 2020, 11:25 AMI might get that installed here soon.

It is still Beta, but Chen is making it better all the time. He is now going to be doing some work coding in Challenges, like Game of the day, Game of the week, Game of the month.

Bigguy

That's very awesome.