QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

[Theme] Drone

Started by lesmond, Feb 18, 2019, 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Drone theme for @LandyVlad

:edited: to version 1.2

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

That's very cool. You did a good job on that man. Nicely done. :rgton
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Thank you!  I'll give it a go in the next few days.

The only issue that jumps out from the screen shot is the lack of contrast bnetween the logo, and the blue sky background...   If I didn't want to change either is there any 'solution' ?

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

maybe a white border would look better?

You cannot view this attachment.

LandyVlad

Hmm for some reason, in MS Edge, those images don't magnify when I click 'em. Or at least one did (the new one) but only once - now it won't.

In any event that does look clearer I think.

Let me install the theme when I get a chance and then I'll make a call on it. Ta.

BTW are themes installed just like any mod or by some other means?

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lurkalot

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 20, 2019, 09:58 PMBTW are themes installed just like any mod or by some other means?

You install themes via, Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Manage and Install.

Don't use the package manager.  ;) 

LandyVlad

Yeah just saw that. Cheers

Why do I so often lately find myself telling myself "You're a dick!" ?

LandyVlad

OK - installed ! :)

Quote from: lesmond on Feb 20, 2019, 10:06 AMmaybe a white border would look better?

That does look good but perhaps the white is too dazzling ?

(as you've made the image file though I'd love a copy.)

Is the current logo outlined in black or blue? I think black might work as a delineator as long as its as thick as that white outline..?

As far as the theme goes its great - certainly a great start to build on. I'm thinking that the blue used (in header bars) is a touch too bright, maybe needs to be a bit darker? I'll give it some thought.

Also I think the default text colour, rather than the lighter blue is easier to read.
(The default seems like a dark blue maybe?)

@lesmond PLEASE don't think I'm being overly critical, and naturally give up on me any time you like :) but I am a bit of a perfectionist once I get going.... .

I'm extremely grateful for everything you've done to date.

lesmond

heres the logo with a darker border

Skhilled

lesmond

I have redone the theme and changed colours slightly

LandyVlad

Ooh wait, just saw this. 

Will change it over and see.

Cheers

LandyVlad

Quote from: lesmond on Feb 21, 2019, 08:02 AMI have redone the theme and changed colours slightly

and they look much better thank you.

LandyVlad

Is the theme SMF version 2.1 RC2 compatibility issue noted by Ronald in the coffee theme thread likely to be a problem for the drone theme too?

If so any chance of a change?  Ta mate.

lesmond

updated first post with new zip for rc2