QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Correct order of Installing

Started by beast, Aug 04, 2019, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

If I was going to install all these packets. Which ones would I install first and Why?  :dontknow

Version

SMF Gallery Lite

Random Banner (Above Forum)

SMFPacks Shoutbox

Users Online Today

httpBL

Ohara YouTube Embed

SimplePortal

Stop Spammer

BBC You

Recent Topics by 24h 48h 72h Filter

GDPR Helper
1.0.5c 

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Snow and Garland

Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize)

Stop Forum Spam

Scrolling Buttons

SMF Arcade

audiblepm 1.5

Tidy Child Boards

Bigguy

There is no correct order of install really. I usually install the essential mods that I really want first and then do the rest that are not real important.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

beast

Bigguy

If you install 4 and the fifth will not install.....uninstall the last one you installed and than try the one that would not go.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

beast

Bigguy

I moved you two topics into "General Support" as there is not really a need for a tutorial on these. :)

Skhilled

Personally, I start with the larger mods suck as Simple Portal, SMF Arcade and SMF Gallery Lite. The others are small in the number of files and coding that need to be done.

Remember, the more mods you have the mods problems you may tend to face. For instance, if you have 10 mods already installed, you don't want to have to try to fix a large mod with a ton of files and code and have to sort through the SMF code and the code from the other mods.

The smaller ones are generally easier to fix if you have a lot of mods install like you wish to do so do those last.