Jul 15, 2019, 08:51 PM

News:

Keep an eye on your notifications page. It can get huge.

GDPR

Started by Bigguy, Mar 04, 2019, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Mar 04, 2019, 11:44 AM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019, 05:19 PM by Bigguy
GDPR has been installed on the site. Existing members will have to agree to the terms and rules again. Also posts and such are now downloadable from your profile. Please post here if you find any problems, thank you.

lurkalot

Hmm, I was awaiting the built in one which was supposed to appear in RC1. But as I only have a test site I will wait. good to see that mod working on here though, at least there's hope, if all else fails.

lurkalot

I notice it still has the typo in the url, gpdr. VBg does know about it, I did in fact change all instances of that typo in the mod, there was several, and sent the file to him, guess it never made the grade. lol..

Bigguy

Maybe we should remind him. :)

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 04, 2019, 02:44 PMMaybe we should remind him. :)

I don't see any point, it's been mentioned a few times, and doesn't seem to be an issue. ;)

Bigguy

Alrighty, I guess we will leave it then, lol. I'm easy to get along with. ;)

LandyVlad

I was wondering why all that came up when I logged in !
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Bigguy

We are GDPR compliant. ;) ....As far as I know.

live627

Bigguy

live627

...uh,  this is difficult to put into words without sounding too negative. I generally dislike vbgamer's mods. I also have a hard time trying to communicating with him.

The only exposure I've had of this mod is on this site. So I have no feedback. Well, I wish the agreement and privacy policy were on a single page. And both the pm and alert menus should not work when the policies need reagreed.

Bigguy

I have a hard time with VB as well sometimes. Not as much as I used to. I agree about the agreement and the privacy policy. I wasn't sure why they were broke up like that either.

Quote from: live627 on Mar 04, 2019, 08:19 PMAnd both the pm and alert menus should not work when the policies need reagreed.
I never thought about that at all. Not bad ideas though. Maybe something to take back to SMF.

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 04, 2019, 02:51 PMAlrighty, I guess we will leave it then, lol. I'm easy to get along with. ;)

Looks like LandyVlad spotted it, and done the reminder for us. Though it had the response I expected. ;) https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=560637.msg4009548#msg4009548

LandyVlad

hehehehehe

it's not a big deal though is it. really.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Bigguy

No, I don't think so. I'm sure he'll get a round to it at some point.

Skhilled

Quote from: live627 on Mar 04, 2019, 08:19 PM...uh,  this is difficult to put into words without sounding too negative. I generally dislike vbgamer's mods. I also have a hard time trying to communicating with him.

The only exposure I've had of this mod is on this site. So I have no feedback. Well, I wish the agreement and privacy policy were on a single page. And both the pm and alert menus should not work when the policies need reagreed.
I totally agree! I've dealt with him many times years ago but he is a very good coder, tho. Communication is the problem as with a lot of the team.