May 19, 2019, 07:23 am

News:

Keep an eye on your notifications page. It can get huge.

theme color variations for SMF 2.1

Started by lesmond, Mar 05, 2019, 12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

If possible I would like to make a theme where you can change colors in theme settings and the user can change them too.

I know that I would need a different .css for each color and extra folder for each image, but doing the coding is the hard bit. :dontknow

I have looked at themes for 2.0.15 that have done that, but I am not able to convert those to work with 2.1 :hwhat 

Any ideas would be great please :rgton

Bigguy

Can you link me to a theme that does it so I can see. :hwhat

lesmond

Bigguy

I downloaded that bluezcolor zip and will go over it in a second or two. Waiting for a phone call.

Bigguy

I think the switch for the css is in the themes.js file. Does that help at all.

lesmond

I Thought that too, but from what I see its Settings.template.php and other code in index.template.php, themes.js is in all themes even 2.1

also there are language strings in ThemeStrings.english.php in the languages folder.

Bigguy

I could not find anything in Settings.template.php Maybe i didn't look hard enough.

lesmond

Mar 05, 2019, 03:41 pm #7 Last Edit: Mar 05, 2019, 03:45 pm by lesmond
Ok there are 3 files that are relevant..

ThemeStrings.english.php
Settings.template.php
index.template.php

and obviously the .css for each color

Keywords to search is "variant" or "variation"

Bigguy

Bigguy

index.template.php file:

/*Theme changer*/

$settings['theme_variants'] = array('default', 'green', 'red');

lesmond

found that already, in fact I found most of them, now all I need to know is how to make them work in 2.1

lesmond

Ok gonna leave it for tonight, going to have a few... a lot of rum and coke ;)

Bigguy

Lol, I will look over 2.1 themes later. Maybe there is something on the theme site that changes color.

Bigguy

lurkalot

You know @SychO is a member here, and perhaps could point you in the right direction.  ;)