May 19, 2019, 06:45 am

News:

Backup those files BEFORE manually editing them

Assign posts to different user ?

Started by LandyVlad, Mar 04, 2019, 09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

Mar 04, 2019, 09:48 pm Last Edit: Mar 14, 2019, 09:04 am by Bigguy
I made a heap of posts on the drone forum, in my username. I'd like to create a new user and assign the posts to that username instead.

The catch is I don't want to assign ALL the posts of my user, just selected ones.

Any way of doing this?

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Bigguy

A few at a time maybe. I have not looked at that option in the admin panel or even used it before. It shouldn't be to hard to do it that way though. :)

LandyVlad

Hmm as per attached the only place I can find it, allows attribution of ALL posts from one user to another. Not selected posts.

Bugger !

Bigguy

I thought from there it was possible to do a bit at a time. I guess not. You will have to do all I guess. :dontknow

LandyVlad

All ? hahaha no. I want quite a few to stay in the original username.

lesmond

I suppose it could be done via the db, how I am not sure, and I bet there is a sql command that could do it.

LandyVlad

I'd be scared to try mucking with the db

Bigguy

Playin with a database is actually not to bad. Just remember to take a backup of it before playin

LandyVlad

Any instructional stuff about all this?

Bigguy

I have never played with people's posts in the database, but, there must be a member id there that could be switched from post to post. I think. Not sure though. :dontknow

Skhilled

Yes, you would use the member id with the db but not sure how you'd do it concerning particular posts.

LandyVlad

Mar 10, 2019, 12:41 am #11 Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019, 12:46 am by LandyVlad
Apparently Sesquipedalian has submitted a 2.1 compatible mod  "Post as Another Member" to do exactly what I need, just pending approval by the SMF team !

Skhilled