Mar 18, 2019, 09:46 pm

News:

How many easter eggs have you found....

QUICK NEWS

{NEW} -We are open. Stop on in and say hi.

{OLD} -SMFH is ready to open. Registration will be Changed soon.

Web building Videos
These will be posted in the tutorials board, check it out.

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Assign posts to different user ?

Started by LandyVlad, Mar 04, 2019, 09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

Mar 04, 2019, 09:48 pm Last Edit: Mar 14, 2019, 09:04 am by Bigguy
I made a heap of posts on the drone forum, in my username. I'd like to create a new user and assign the posts to that username instead.

The catch is I don't want to assign ALL the posts of my user, just selected ones.

Any way of doing this?

Bigguy

A few at a time maybe. I have not looked at that option in the admin panel or even used it before. It shouldn't be to hard to do it that way though. :)

LandyVlad

Hmm as per attached the only place I can find it, allows attribution of ALL posts from one user to another. Not selected posts.

Bugger !

Bigguy

I thought from there it was possible to do a bit at a time. I guess not. You will have to do all I guess. :dontknow

LandyVlad

All ? hahaha no. I want quite a few to stay in the original username.

lesmond

I suppose it could be done via the db, how I am not sure, and I bet there is a sql command that could do it.

LandyVlad

I'd be scared to try mucking with the db

Bigguy

Playin with a database is actually not to bad. Just remember to take a backup of it before playin

LandyVlad

Any instructional stuff about all this?

Bigguy

I have never played with people's posts in the database, but, there must be a member id there that could be switched from post to post. I think. Not sure though. :dontknow

Skhilled

Yes, you would use the member id with the db but not sure how you'd do it concerning particular posts.

LandyVlad

Mar 10, 2019, 12:41 am #11 Last Edit: Mar 10, 2019, 12:46 am by LandyVlad
Apparently Sesquipedalian has submitted a 2.1 compatible mod  "Post as Another Member" to do exactly what I need, just pending approval by the SMF team !

Skhilled