Mar 18, 2019, 09:37 pm

News:

Keep an eye on your notifications page. It can get huge.

QUICK NEWS

{NEW} -We are open. Stop on in and say hi.

{OLD} -SMFH is ready to open. Registration will be Changed soon.

Web building Videos
These will be posted in the tutorials board, check it out.

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

theme color variations for SMF 2.1

Started by lesmond, Mar 05, 2019, 12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 09, 2019, 01:15 pmHow did ya put the buttons up top like that. I  have this working now but can't figure that part out.
in index_template and css

in index.template find the /* Theme switcher */ section you will see the code under that comment.

And at the bottom of each color Css find
/* style_switcher  */
#style_switcher { padding: 0 0.5em; margin-top: -2em; float: right; display: block; vertical-align: middle; }
#style_switcher a { display: block; width: 12px; height: 12px; -moz-border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px; -webkit-border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px; border-radius: 16px 16px 16px 16px;
}

Bigguy

I'll give it a shot soon, thanks.

lesmond

Each color must have its own css file, with this one I have index_gold.css and index_silver.css, I have removed index.css.

And also SMF adds these to the current theme settings automatically, another thing I found, you can add the thumbnails to show auto too, just name them to the colors your using ie.. thumbnail_silver.png smf will pick up on them.

Bigguy

Yeah, I have two css files so far. It's a nice option to add for members. I try playin around tomorrow. :)

lesmond

I figured out why you cant add the color changes here, its the top banner with the search, user/message/alerts, its stuck in one place so the color buttons don't work with that, maybe a way but I don't know how :dontknow  :emb

Bigguy

I think I know. There is a post here on how to put text in the top bar...that would do. ;)