Dec 14, 2019, 10:12 AM

News:

Stable SMF release ver.: 2.0.15

QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new tutorial for Github is ready for your veiwing in the articles section.

{OLD} -New boards have been introduced. Stop on in and check it out.

Video of the week

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SMFH is at RC2

Started by Bigguy, Mar 30, 2019, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

It's hard to tell when to update sometimes cause of so many bugs gettin squashed all the time.

LandyVlad

If forum users aren't going to notice the things that are buggy then its not worth a big update for.

I've updated to RC2 and unless some really dramatic issue is discovered, I probably won't make any more incremental updates until RC3 is released.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

live627

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 07, 2019, 09:54 PMIt's hard to tell when to update sometimes cause of so many bugs gettin squashed all the time.
so you think the devs are doing too much too quickly :D :D lol

Bigguy

Lmao, nope I think they are moving at a very acceptable pace. :rgton

Ronald

Quote from: live627 on Apr 08, 2019, 02:23 PMso you think the devs are doing too much too quickly :D :D lol

No way, I am happy to see the progress the devs are making. We went for quite awhile having nothing. This is progress. If they keep this pace up, we'll see the final in a short time, I hope..

Just wish I knew coding, because I'd love to jump in and help, I hope I'm doing mt part by installing the updates, and running the programs.

Oldiesmann

I just updated one of the forums I run to RC2, mainly because it's the simplest one of the three. Only a few mods (Optimus, EhPortal and SMF Gallery) and very minor theme changes (setting max-width to 1500px and the width of #wrapper and #header to 95% to prevent things from looking too squished with the portal).

I'll probably get the other two later in the week or possibly hold off on them until after I get this new site launched.
Cincy Space - now open! https://www.cincyspace.net

Oldiesmann

Archie forum is now on RC2 as well. I'll get the seniors forum in the coming days once I've made sure to make note of all the theme changes (mostly minor things - larger text, removing the "are you sure" from the mark as read buttons in a couple spots, making some things bold so they're easier to see, etc.) so I don't get complaints about that when I upgrade that site :P

lurkalot

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Apr 10, 2019, 02:55 AMArchie forum is now on RC2 as well. I'll get the seniors forum in the coming days once I've made sure to make note of all the theme changes (mostly minor things - larger text, removing the "are you sure" from the mark as read buttons in a couple spots, making some things bold so they're easier to see, etc.) so I don't get complaints about that when I upgrade that site :P

Just curious. Your Archie site doesn't appear to be responsive, is this something you set somewhere on purpose? or some other reason?  Of course I do realise not everyone wants it responsive, so you might have turned that off. 

Oldiesmann

Quote from: lurkalot on Apr 10, 2019, 03:35 AMJust curious. Your Archie site doesn't appear to be responsive, is this something you set somewhere on purpose? or some other reason?  Of course I do realise not everyone wants it responsive, so you might have turned that off. 

I'll have to look into that. Not sure why it isn't.

Oldiesmann

I'm wondering if there is/was an issue related to the "Minimize CSS and JavaScript" setting. I disabled that and it seems to be responsive now (at least more than it was anyway).

live627

Do you use the official RC2?

Oldiesmann

Yes. The only site running a Github build is a test board of mine.

Oldiesmann

Looking at another couple of sites I run I'm wondering if the portal has something to do with it. My new site, which is running TP, seems to be more responsive than three running EhPortal, even though I've enabled the responsive mode for EhPortal.

lurkalot

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Apr 15, 2019, 12:36 AMLooking at another couple of sites I run I'm wondering if the portal has something to do with it. My new site, which is running TP, seems to be more responsive than three running EhPortal, even though I've enabled the responsive mode for EhPortal.

I was going to ask if that EhPortal had a responsive mode switch, thinking that might be the problem, but you've confirmed it does now.  Strange, don't know why it isn't playing ball. It was like it before you installed that theme because that's when I noticed it, so must be something to do with the portal I guess.

I checked over at Chen Zhen's WebDev site, and noticed that the portal seems to be responsive over there, doesn't respond well to page zoom, but looks ok in Firefox's Web tools = Responsive design mode, everything stacks nicely.

When we were working out how to handle this in TinyPortal, we ended up adding a switch on a per theme basis, so you can run responsive or non responsive themes. If you run a non responsive theme you can tick the box to make it run as it should.  That said, 2.1 is normally responsive out of the box.

Skhilled

Quote from: lurkalot on Apr 15, 2019, 02:40 AMI checked over at Chen Zhen's WebDev site, and noticed that the portal seems to be responsive over there, doesn't respond well to page zoom, but looks ok in Firefox's Web tools = Responsive design mode, everything stacks nicely.

When we were working out how to handle this in TinyPortal, we ended up adding a switch on a per theme basis, so you can run responsive or non responsive themes. If you run a non responsive theme you can tick the box to make it run as it should.  That said, 2.1 is normally responsive out of the box.
Chen's site may be more updated that what's in the downloads.

Great idea for TP!