QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Uninstall Mod.'s SMF 2.1 RC1

Started by Ronald, Apr 14, 2019, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

What is the best way to uninstalled a bunch of  mod.'s..

Never seemed to have a problem when I was using SMF 2.0.15, but seems like SMF 2.1 RC1 is very slow at removing them. I can take a coffee break waiting..

If I use system_repair does that remove them or what..

I am not sure using repair or other devices..

I have or had 26 mod.'s installed most are gone, just sitting in Package Manager. Some are for 2.1 RC1.

Now like Steve says, I should check that all files are removed after each mod is removed, is this necessary if I do not see errors..

How do you "Pros" remove your mod.'s???

Bigguy

If I go to uninstall a mod and there is an error I stop right there. I get the code changes I need for that mod by parsing it. Than I uninstall and do the manual edits to removed what errored. The only reason to remove the left over files or folders is if you are not going to re-install that mod again.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 14, 2019, 12:24 PMIf I go to uninstall a mod and there is an error I stop right there. I get the code changes I need for that mod by parsing it. Than I uninstall and do the manual edits to removed what errored. The only reason to remove the left over files or folders is if you are not going to re-install that mod again.

OK I understand now, I never remove a mod that has an error, unless I correct th error first..

Guess I'd bet start going over the files then, all 26 mod.'s are to come out..

Bigguy

Good luck. We are here if ya need us. :)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Do what Geoff says. If you get errors then you will need to manually remove the parts that show errors. After removing a mod you should play with the forum to see if you have any problems. If you do have a problem then you may have to check for all of the code a mod installed and make sure all of the mod's code has been removed. Do this for each mod in turn or you'll have a really hard time trying to figure out which mod has caused the problem if you remove them all then play with the forum.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Apr 14, 2019, 02:38 PMDo what Geoff says. If you get errors then you will need to manually remove the parts that show errors. After removing a mod you should play with the forum to see if you have any problems. If you do have a problem then you may have to check for all of the code a mod installed and make sure all of the mod's code has been removed. Do this for each mod in turn or you'll have a really hard time trying to figure out which mod has caused the problem if you remove them all then play with the forum.

These are old Mod.'s from SMF 2.0.15, they were removed before the upgrade. Now I just finished checking for files on them, all files are gone.

Ones left are now for 2.1 RC1, and they are removed, but I have to check the files for leftovers. Then I will delete them and upgrade to RC2.

Only on left is Google Analytics Code    1.5.1    March 21, 2019, 02:10:34 pm    Delete List Files Uninstall Emulating: 2.0

The Google one is giving me a bunch of code on a blank page, doesn't want to come out..

Bigguy

Ronald

Bigguy

It doesn't want to parse on the mod site. Maybe a problem with SMF.

Bigguy

Ronald

Quote from: live627 on Apr 14, 2019, 08:07 PMthis one? https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=2210;attach=241334;smf_version=2.0.15

The link takes me here: Original idea and original developer: Arantor, live627...Now when you click on the Link To Mod. It takes me to : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2312  which is a GoDaddy Analytics Code. It does Parse, but I am not sure it is the same..

Oldiesmann

There is no code showing because that mod doesn't edit any files. It just runs the install.php script and adds three new files, which likely means it's using integration hooks to do whatever it needs to do.
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 14, 2019, 08:12 PMNo code shows up for me.

This is the Google one: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2210 This will take you to the mod, and you are correct, no Parse. Click on the Link to mod, and it goes to GoDaddy Analytics Code and again no Parse.

Ronald

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Apr 14, 2019, 08:20 PMThere is no code showing because that mod doesn't edit any files. It just runs the install.php script and adds three new files, which likely means it's using integration hooks to do whatever it needs to do.

But how do you uninstall this mod. I have tried three times, and after a long period of time it ends up showing a blank page with all kinds of codes..which makes me think it's an error..

Bigguy

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Apr 14, 2019, 08:20 PMThere is no code showing because that mod doesn't edit any files. It just runs the install.php script and adds three new files, which likely means it's using integration hooks to do whatever it needs to do.
I started to think that after I parsed it the last time.

Quote from: Ronald on Apr 14, 2019, 08:25 PMBut how do you uninstall this mod. I have tried three times, and after a long period of time it ends up showing a blank page with all kinds of codes..which makes me think it's an error..
It does sound like something is wrong though. It's not supposed to do that.

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 14, 2019, 08:56 PMI started to think that after I parsed it the last time.
It does sound like something is wrong though. It's not supposed to do that.

Just a thought. If it's a old out of date mod, or for a different version than 2.1 then it's probably not removing the hooks, therefore still thinks its installed.

Skhilled

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on Apr 15, 2019, 07:55 AMIf it is not removing the hooks then try "fix_packages":

https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools

Does that tool work in 2.1?

I would just remove the hooks in the 2.1 admin panel myself, that's built in.  Go admin and put hooks in the search.

Ronald

Quote from: lurkalot on Apr 15, 2019, 08:23 AMDoes that tool work in 2.1?

I would just remove the hooks in the 2.1 admin panel myself, that's built in.  Go admin and put hooks in the search.

That worked, Google is gone.

Skhilled

Cool, didn't know that.

Ronald

I did it this way. After being away from the forum for a short time, I came back to roughly 2900 errors of:

Type of error: General:
Hook call: function "google_analytics_load_theme" in file /home/coffeeti/public_html could not be called.
 https://coffeetimeunlimited.com/index.php?action=viewsmfile;filename=current-version.js

Ronald
Today at 12:18:29 pm
87585ef3d3f4dbd4d65fd7005ca11a28

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Apr 15, 2019, 11:22 AMI did it this way. After being away from the forum for a short time, I came back to roughly 2900 errors of:

Type of error: General:
Hook call: function "google_analytics_load_theme" in file /home/coffeeti/public_html could not be called.
 https://coffeetimeunlimited.com/index.php?action=viewsmfile;filename=current-version.js

Ronald
Today at 12:18:29 pm
87585ef3d3f4dbd4d65fd7005ca11a28

Was that before you removed the hooks.  You might have uninstalled and it removed the mods files but if the hooks are still calling those missing files.

If you no longer have any mods installed, if it was me I'd just upload a fresh set of files from the large upgrade zip. Obviously for the version you are running now. https://download.simplemachines.org/

Unless anyone else has a better idea.

Ronald

I keep getting these errors by the dozens. for google analytics. I could not remove the mod. so I deleted it.

I was looking in the cpanel and under Languages I see the google analytics, is it ok to delete these files.

Ronald

Quote from: lurkalot on Apr 15, 2019, 12:07 PMWas that before you removed the hooks.  You might have uninstalled and it removed the mods files but if the hooks are still calling those missing files.

If you no longer have any mods installed, if it was me I'd just upload a fresh set of files from the large upgrade zip. Obviously for the version you are running now. https://download.simplemachines.org/

Unless anyone else has a better idea.

Got all the errors after deleting the mod.. I am thinking of just upgrading to RC2 and hope all is well after that..

Think this will work..

SychO

Hooks are usually stored in the database, so a fresh set of files or an upgrade won't stop the errors (unless this hook is somehow actually being called from a file, in wich case I'm wrong here)

You can either try the "fix_package" tool from here https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools, But I do not know if it works with 2.1

Or you can just go to Admin -> Maintenance -> Integration hooks
look for google_analytics_load_theme and disable it, but you won't be able to enable it again because that admin panel is still getting worked on.

Ronald

Quote from: SychO on Apr 15, 2019, 12:59 PMHooks are usually stored in the database, so a fresh set of files or an upgrade won't stop the errors (unless this hook is somehow actually being called from a file, in wich case I'm wrong here)

You can either try the "fix_package" tool from here https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools, But I do not know if it works with 2.1

Or you can just go to Admin -> Maintenance -> Integration hooks
look for google_analytics_load_theme and disable it, but you won't be able to enable it again because that admin panel is still getting worked on.

Your a life saver. Thanks, this got the errors to stop.

Later on tonight I am going to do the upgrade to RC2

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Apr 15, 2019, 01:23 PMYour a life saver. Thanks, this got the errors to stop.

Later on tonight I am going to do the upgrade to RC2

Ok, so what exactly did you do to stop those errors?

SychO

Oh and if the panel gives you the option to actually remove that hook, remove it :)

Bigguy

You might have to click twice to remove it...unless that was fixed.

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Apr 15, 2019, 02:08 PMYou might have to click twice to remove it...unless that was fixed.

Yes I forgot to mention that Bigguy. When I suggested it above. I used this when we were testing your slider tab mod, and the hooks weren't getting removed.

Bigguy

Yeah, not sure if they fixed it...Slide tab was fixed so nothing to test with. :)

SychO