Dec 14, 2019, 11:17 AM

News:

How many easter eggs have you found....

QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new tutorial for Github is ready for your veiwing in the articles section.

{OLD} -New boards have been introduced. Stop on in and check it out.

Video of the week

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Update

Started by Bigguy, May 23, 2019, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Jul 19, 2019, 09:10 AM23 is pretty good. That won't take long to clear. :)

Well hopefully they will clear themselves after a certain time. I'm not wading through that lot.  ;)

Bigguy

I don't think they do. :dontknow

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Jul 20, 2019, 07:16 AMI don't think they do. :dontknow

Really? Oh thought they would expire after a certain time.  Won't that make the database grow in size if everyone who no longer visits is receiving all these alerts and doesn't come back to clear them.

Spose I'll have to wade through them a little at a time.

Bigguy

I have never heard they expire. Would be nice though. I think you are very right. The database will grow a lot. This is why I try to ask people to clear them once and awhile. If they expired, that would be cool. Maybe an idea for a new mod. :rgton

lurkalot

I was going to make a start and delete some, but when I click the alerts at the top of screen all it does is say, loading.  I'll try again later.

lurkalot

Ok, working now.  It's going to take me days to get rid of them, lol.. there must be a better way than this madness. It would be nice if you could just select more than one page at a time.

Bigguy

Quote from: lurkalot on Jul 20, 2019, 11:16 AMIt would be nice if you could just select more than one page at a time.
I asked for that feature to be put in. It should be in the final release.

lurkalot

I made that mistake again and ticked the box that says "Don't let this page create more messages"  Had to close my browser down and reload the site before it would let me delete anything.

I only have 357 pages to get rid of now. Final will be out by the time I get rid of them. lol..

Bigguy

357...ur gettin there. :)

Skhilled

There should be a forum Maintenance setting to delete the ones older than X days like topics/posts. Or at least a sql query to do it.

Bigguy

I think it is getting put in but we will have to wait til final for it.