Feb 23, 2020, 10:23 PM

News:

Backup those files BEFORE manually editing them


QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new tutorial for Github is ready for your veiwing in the articles section.

{OLD} -New boards have been introduced. Stop on in and check it out.

Video of the week


Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Error What is this?

Started by Ronald, Oct 08, 2019, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ronald

Oct 09, 2019, 01:24 PM #15 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019, 02:37 PM by Ronald
There is a empty folder in there for coffeetimeunlimited.com

Should I make a sub for seniorforums.ca

Ronald

OK I have created a sub directory called seniorforums.ca

Next.

Skhilled

Oct 10, 2019, 07:30 AM #17 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2019, 07:59 AM by Skhilled
What I should have told you to do is make it an addon domain in cpanel and it will create the folder, ftp, email, etc. for you. Then you can upload your files to that folder. You can use this tutorial to help but it's pretty easy:

https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-do-i-create-and-remove-an-addon-domain

Btw, I've just noticed that before you've been posting "seniorsforum.ca". The last link was "seniorforum.ca"...without the "S"! The one without the "S" works fine from what I can see except that there's no forum menu button, only home. I also notice that if you use https://seniorforum.ca you will go to the portal home page. If you use https://seniorforum.ca/index.php you can see the forum. So, something may not be set correctly with your portal unless you are purposely hiding the forum. If you click on any topic in the right block it will take you to that post/topic and show you the forum.

Ronald

Oct 10, 2019, 08:55 AM #18 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2019, 09:00 AM by Ronald
Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 10, 2019, 07:30 AMWhat I should have told you to do is make it an addon domain in cpanel and it will create the folder, ftp, email, etc. for you. Then you can upload your files to that folder. You can use this tutorial to help but it's pretty easy:

https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-do-i-create-and-remove-an-addon-domain

Btw, I've just noticed that before you've been posting "seniorsforum.ca". The last link was "seniorforum.ca"...without the "S"! The one without the "S" works fine from what I can see except that there's no forum menu button, only home. I also notice that if you use https://seniorforum.ca you will go to the portal home page. If you use https://seniorforum.ca/index.php you can see the forum. So, something may not be set correctly with your portal unless you are purposely hiding the forum. If you click on any topic in the right block it will take you to that post/topic and show you the forum.

The forum URL is :  https://seniorforums.ca/index.php

I tried adding the domain, it tells me I can not park the main domain.

Ronald

Oct 10, 2019, 09:14 AM #19 Last Edit: Oct 10, 2019, 12:58 PM by Ronald
How about I get you to do this job for me..I am lost when it comes to this type of thing..

Would this work better, if I made the change to seniorforums.net this way it's not the main..

Ronald


Bigguy

Marked it as such. What was the solution. :???

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 14, 2019, 08:24 AMMarked it as such. What was the solution. :???

Had to get someone to help me do this..Group permissions, and the two theme skins I had were conflicting with the paths.

Bigguy

Glad it's solved. I sent you a PM about this but it's solved so no worries.

Ronald

Only problem left now is I have a couple of Staff Members who still can't see the Staff Room..Have to find someone who knows about this.

Bigguy

It should not be to hard to figure it out. I can take a look later today if need be.

Ronald

All taken care of. Fixed and working like a charm..

Oldiesmann

For future reference, the error in the first post meant that the "id_parent" value for that board was invalid (eg set to the ID of a non-existent board) in the database. In most cases that shouldn't happen though.
Cincy Space - now open! https://www.cincyspace.net

Ronald

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Oct 17, 2019, 12:30 AMFor future reference, the error in the first post meant that the "id_parent" value for that board was invalid (eg set to the ID of a non-existent board) in the database. In most cases that shouldn't happen though.

This was one of the problems: remove the permission for "manage boards and categories". I guess 2.1 doesn't like it when members have this checked.

Skhilled

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 10, 2019, 09:14 AMHow about I get you to do this job for me..I am lost when it comes to this type of thing..

Would this work better, if I made the change to seniorforums.net this way it's not the main..
Sorry, Ron. Been so busy working on a new server, etc. I didn't see this or have even been here lately.