QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Add LOGO to CleanTek

Started by Ronald, Oct 30, 2019, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

SMF 2.0.15 how do I add a logo to this skin..It has to be done through the codes..Crip setup all his skins like this.. I searched the site and can't find anything..

Edited By Ron.

Bigguy

That doesn't make sense really. :dontknow How do you mean.  :???  You can add a logo in the admin panel.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

nidec

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 30, 2019, 08:09 PMSMF 2.0.15 how do I add a logo to this skin..It has to be done through the codes..Crip setup all his skins like this.. I searched the site and can't find anything..
I couldn't find whitetek on his site, but if its anything like Cleantek all I did was rename the logo.png as logoCleantek.png and upload my own logo as logo.png to replace it. Saves messing about with coding

Ronald

Quote from: nidec on Oct 31, 2019, 03:04 AMI couldn't find whitetek on his site, but if its anything like Cleantek all I did was rename the logo.png as logoCleantek.png and upload my own logo as logo.png to replace it. Saves messing about with coding

Yea I mean CleanTek, sorry about that. Geoff no you can not change the logo or banner from the acp current skin, like most allow you to just add the code link and the logo appears. Crip never put any of this in his skins, you have to go into the css code and make changes..

This is on another forum I have and it's SMF 2.0.15

Ronald

Here is the site: https://rebelsarcade.com/index.php

See image: You cannot view this attachment.

Skhilled

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 30, 2019, 08:09 PMSMF 2.0.15 how do I add a logo to this skin..It has to be done through the codes..Crip setup all his skins like this.. I searched the site and can't find anything..

Edited By Ron.
I just looked and there's no admin setting for it! Strange, was never added for some reason.

But...you can add it this way. In index.css, around line 3629, find this:

/* BANNER / LOGOS */
#logo a{position:absolute;top:35px;left:15px;display:block;width:283px !important;height:41px !important;cursor:pointer;background:url(../images/id/logo.png) no-repeat;}

Change the "background:url(../images/id/logo.png)" to the location and file name of your choice. Or just upload it there and rename the logo: logo.png.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 31, 2019, 08:41 AMI just looked and there's no admin setting for it! Strange, was never added for some reason.

But...you can add it this way. In index.css, around line 3629, find this:

/* BANNER / LOGOS */

#logo a{position:absolute;top:35px;left:15px;display:block;width:283px !important;height:41px !important;cursor:pointer;background:url(../images/id/logo.png) no-repeat;}

Change the "background:url(../images/id/logo.png)" to the location and file name of your choice. Or just upload it there and rename the logo: logo.png.

Thanks Steve, I kind of thought that was it, when I was looking in the css..

No Crip never put that in any of his skins..On his somewhere is me asking this question about others skins, from years back..Crip always had one of the most informative sites going..

Skhilled

You know, I've never realized that about his themes! LMAO Personally, I've never used the admin for logos (maybe a few times for various themes other than his) because I've been using SMF since v1.0.4 or so and it didn't have it in the admin back then and that's what I've been used to. I just know how to search for it and edit it the way I wish.

EDIT: And you had me searching SMF and CZ for Whitetek for a long time and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find it! LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 31, 2019, 08:54 AMYou know, I've never realized that about his themes! LMAO Personally, I've never used the admin for logos (maybe a few times for various themes other than his) because I've been using SMF since v1.0.4 or so and it didn't have it in the admin back then and that's what I've been used to. I just know how to search for it and edit it the way I wish.

EDIT: And you had me searching SMF and CZ for Whitetek for a long time and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find it! LOL

Thanks I enjoy giving people tasks to do..

Now see this: /* BANNER / LOGOS */
#logo a{position:absolute;top:35px;left:15px;display:block;width:283px !important;height:41px !important;cursor:pointer;background:url(../images/id/rebel.png) no-repeat;}

I have put the logo image in the CleanTek images and also in the Theme, and it still refuses to show..What am I doing wrong here?

Ronald

I see the logo should go into id, so I put the logo in id and still no show, so I redid logo.png and yet it shows, why doesn't my logo show.

Skhilled

Where's the actual forum, here: https://coffeetimeunlimited.com/index.php

I'm trying to make sure I can see the actual theme you are using to make sure I can help. All I see is the default Curve theme there.

If you had to change the name of the logo to logo.png to make it show then it is coded "logo.png" elsewhere and is why it does that.

Skhilled

Sorry, Ron I read your post to where it is wrong. My bad.

The info I gave you is correct. So, you are either not putting it in the right location and/or not editing the code correctly.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 31, 2019, 09:22 AMSorry, Ron I read your post to where it is wrong. My bad.

The info I gave you is correct. So, you are either not putting it in the right location and/or not editing the code correctly.

The logo image goes into the l(../images/id/rebel.png) no-repeat;} I also had to make changes for the size, I had to increase the size in the code and also reduce my logo size.. It's in and showing no.

Thanks for the help Steve..

Go get some sleep now.

Skhilled

I was going to get to the size, etc. if needed. LOL

No problem. Glad it worked out for you. Am going to sleep in about an hour after I make something to eat, maybe a Philly Cheese Steak sammy. I am a Philly boy...

However, I do see the top left and right borders for the main forum have blue corners??? Not sure how that happened but will look at it tomorrow.

nidec

Not wanting to jinx you Ronald, but I'd be interested to hear if you have the same login problems with Cleantek as I've had