Aug 06, 2020, 11:34 PM

News:

Stable SMF release ver.: 2.0.17

Redesigning my theme

Started by live627, Mar 02, 2020, 05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

I had a nice post written up about this but accidentally hit the back button on my mouse so now you get a mess because I don't care to redo.

I'm making a theme out of my old one and wanted feedback on it. I'm hopping to achieve a minimal look without much perceived complexity.

https://mods.live627.com/index.php?board=29.0;theme=9

Heres' the old design for reference
https://mods.live627.com/index.php?board=29.0;theme=4

Attached are four screenshots. The message index now seems too busy.

The orange may be a bit off, though; might need changed.

Bigguy

Maybe change the text color. Other than that I personally like it. :rgton

live627

lesmond

Looks good to me, But I have always liked light themes, nothing wrong with text that I can see. :rgton

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Quote from: live627 on Mar 03, 2020, 02:54 AMChange the text color?
I don't know...it made sense when I said it. Now I can't think why, lol. Maybe something along the same lines but a different shade. Not sure what I was thinkin.

Skhilled

Personally, I agree about the orange text. one some pages like the boardindex it seem a tad hard to read. But, themes are a matter of personal taste so if you like it, keep it. :)

Otherwise, everything else looks good.

SychO

I personally prefer the old one, it might have too many background colors, but that's better than none at all imho, hard for the eye to tell the elements apart. A minimal design does have a minimal amount of background colors, but not none, and it usually focuses on small details like spacing out the elements and using slightly different text styles.

LandyVlad

That's a good point (I agree re the backgrounds issue) but reading the requests on the simplemachines forum there seems to be a demand for these type of themes.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.