Christmas theme 2.1RC3

Started by lesmond, Nov 17, 2020, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Those are generic CSS identifiers, so those will apply to all links that don't have a specific CSS class. Only way you could really fix it properly would be to give various things their own class, but then you have to mess with templates as well
Cincy Space - now open! https://www.cincyspace.net

SychO

just target the links you want changed using they parent element's class names.

Skhilled

That's what I've told him several times. LOL I've even created a custom default css file when RC1 came out. It took a lot of time and effort but well worth it. It has a lot of the styles separated and several custom styles to make things a lot easier when we upgrade Crip Zone themes. ;)

When RC2 came out I only have to make a few changes. I haven't had the time to look over RC3 to see what changes are needed to add to the custom default file I've created. But once you've separated a few main styles into their own styles so they are not grouped it makes things SOOOOOO much easier to code.

If other coders are like me they are not happy with the styles for 2.1. It makes things so much harder to keep up with...a lot more work for the sake of a tiny bit of speed. SMF needs to fix or create new caching to truly fix its speed, imo.

lesmond

Quote from: SychO on Nov 24, 2020, 01:53 PMjust target the links you want changed using they parent element's class names.
Has you may have noticed, I am not a coder, ok doing the colours and graphics.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe