QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

theme color variations for SMF 2.1

Started by lesmond, Mar 05, 2019, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 05, 2019, 04:47 PMMaybe there is something on the theme site that changes color.

Nothing yet that I can see in new themes

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

lesmond

Quote from: lurkalot on Mar 05, 2019, 05:00 PMYou know @SychO is a member here, and perhaps could point you in the right direction.  ;)

Thats what I was hoping too, but all credit to BG for helping so far :rgton  :vcool

Bigguy

Meh, thank you but I have done nothing so far. :(
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

I'm sure this has been asked over at SMF a few times in the past but I'm yet to find anything of use.

SychO

I'm kinda confused here, theme variants work exactly like in 2.0

Add the following in template_init() of index.template.php
$settings['theme_variants'] = array('grey', 'green', 'magenta');
Add the css files as such
  • index_grey.css
  • index_green.css
  • index_magenta.css

That's it, now go to Profile > Look & Layout > Change Theme
Scroll down to the theme and select a variant, hit Use Theme

The only issue worth mentioning is that currently if the theme is set to forum default, you can't change the variant from the selection box, something that needs to be fixed.

lesmond

So I got it working as you will see here. https://host-for.com/smf/index.php

2 color variations, Silver and Gold, I have called it "Precious Metal" you can also change color without being logged in..

By clicking the one of the circles top left

Just one problem I am having is after clicking one of the circles I get an error, I assume its trying to find a page, not sure how the fix that yet.

Bigguy

I think that's awesome, and it does change color. I get an error though:
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Bigguy

Sorry bout that, lol. Guess I shoulda read the whole post.

lesmond

Now I need to figure out a fix the error :dontknow  :emb  :hwhat

LandyVlad

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Yeah,that;s weird. It looks like a TP error but it's not. Very vague that is. Not sure what to tell ya on that. I may install it here and see what happens. ;) Would have to make a new css though with a few different colors.

lesmond

Here's the theme zip

This error has been fixed, and updated zip file

Bigguy

I just tried this and it works good. The setting is in your look and layout section of your profile. I will leave it for now but may take it out soon.

Bigguy

Quote from: lesmond on Mar 07, 2019, 09:32 AMSo I got it working as you will see here. https://host-for.com/smf/index.php

2 color variations, Silver and Gold, I have called it "Precious Metal" you can also change color without being logged in..

By clicking the one of the circles top left

Just one problem I am having is after clicking one of the circles I get an error, I assume its trying to find a page, not sure how the fix that yet.

How did ya put the buttons up top like that. I  have this working now but can't figure that part out.