QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Shout Box

Started by Ronald, Jul 07, 2019, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

It there a Shout Box out for SMF 2.1

Bigguy

Just with a portal. Only two work with 2.1
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Jul 07, 2019, 08:20 PMJust with a portal. Only two work with 2.1

I tried Chen's portal, but you need a actual shout box.. But everything is OK, Beast no longer wishes to open the arcade, to much work for him involved.

Also SMF 2.1 is not suitable for a arcade forum, unless you know coding, to modify the forum, and also coding for the arcade, to many features missing.. SMF Arcade is a good one, but needs more features for a arcade forum.

Most or 90% of the gaming arcade forums out there use IPB 3.4 forums, and as you know they are not supported by IPB, but are the only forums that the arcade will run on

Skhilled

Chen has been MIA for some time now. Not sure what's going on...

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on Jul 10, 2019, 01:35 AMChen has been MIA for some time now. Not sure what's going on...

Steve, his profile over at webdev, personal text says, On Hiatus.

And in the shoutbox:  Chen Zhen: yes. on hiatus until approx. sept. 1

So I can only assume he's taking a break.

Ronald

How can you take a  Hiatus when you run a development forum. I run a arcade gaming forum, I can't take time off.

Bigguy

Maybe he is having personal issues.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

SychO

How can he not take a break, the only way to keep doing a hobby is to not force yourself on doing it.

Ronald

Quote from: SychO on Jul 10, 2019, 09:31 AMHow can he not take a break, the only way to keep doing a hobby is to not force yourself on doing it.

Just seems odd for Chen not to be online, your right he also has a life..

Skhilled

Quote from: lurkalot on Jul 10, 2019, 02:32 AMSteve, his profile over at webdev, personal text says, On Hiatus.

And in the shoutbox:  Chen Zhen: yes. on hiatus until approx. sept. 1

So I can only assume he's taking a break.
I totally missed that. Last time I talked to him he was in the process of moving or fixing up the house and had a lot of work to do. About 2 weeks later I didn't see him anymore and just assumed he'd be back soon.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jul 11, 2019, 06:51 AMI totally missed that. Last time I talked to him he was in the process of moving or fixing up the house and had a lot of work to do. About 2 weeks later I didn't see him anymore and just assumed he'd be back soon.

8:30 pm EST he is on the forum now!

Skhilled

Good, although it may take him quite awhile to catch up on things.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jul 13, 2019, 11:10 AMGood, although it may take him quite awhile to catch up on things.

He was on checking, never make a post..