Minor login issue

Started by nidec, Oct 24, 2019, 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skhilled

@nidec - I'm not sure why you're having this issue and no one else is. What browser are you using? Anyhow, here's the code you need to remove it:

https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?topic=2353.msg14920#msg14920

I tried posting the code here but it separated each line in it's own code tag for some reason. Some type of bug I suppose.

nidec

Hi Skhilled.
I have tried logging in on Mozilla,  Opera,  Chrome, and on my iPhone and get this every time as do members.
Ill take a look at the code you've kindly posted,  although I think I may have tried that before.
Thanks for your patience

lurkalot

Quote from: nidec on Oct 31, 2019, 07:18 PMHi Skhilled.
I have tried logging in on Mozilla,  Opera,  Chrome, and on my iPhone and get this every time as do members.
Ill take a look at the code you've kindly posted,  although I think I may have tried that before.
Thanks for your patience

So, with the session check added to the theme as it is now, what error are you still getting?

I ask because the login top right of this theme works just fine, so something else is amiss here. 

Skhilled

Now this is the first time I've heard others at your site had the problem.

I agree with Mick, there's something else going on. Have you tried changing the cookies in the SMF admin yet? If not, change it then clear the forum cache and see if that helps.

nidec

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 31, 2019, 02:14 PM@nidec - I'm not sure why you're having this issue and no one else is. What browser are you using? Anyhow, here's the code you need to remove it:

https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?topic=2353.msg14920#msg14920

I tried posting the code here but it separated each line in it's own code tag for some reason. Some type of bug I suppose.

Ive made this change now to hide the login2 box and its much better.
BTW, I changed the code in both themes/index.template.php and in themes/cleantek/index.template.php, was that correct?

Skhilled

Nov 01, 2019, 02:24 PM #35 Last Edit: Nov 01, 2019, 02:42 PM by Skhilled
I've registered there and had no problems with that login. I've tried it several times to make sure. However, I have noticed other issues that affect your site and is probably the reason why. I've posted them in the Introduce Yourself board here:

https://www.notthenoobs.com/index.php/topic,53.msg455/

I suggest you ask over at TP about those blocks. They may or may not be the cause of some of the issues. Even the User block looks like it's missing a few things after logging in.

EDIT: AH! I've forgot to mention... Does one of your mods connect to: https://www.4shared.com

I've got a notification from Bitdefender of a phishing attempt from there and I "THINK" I was on your site when it happened but could be wrong. Check and see to make sure.

nidec

Quote from: Skhilled on Nov 01, 2019, 02:24 PMI've registered there and had no problems with that login. I've tried it several times to make sure. However, I have noticed other issues that affect your site and is probably the reason why. I've posted them in the Introduce Yourself board here:

https://www.notthenoobs.com/index.php/topic,53.msg455/

I suggest you ask over at TP about those blocks. They may or may not be the cause of some of the issues. Even the User block looks like it's missing a few things after logging in.

EDIT: AH! I've forgot to mention... Does one of your mods connect to: https://www.4shared.com

I've got a notification from Bitdefender of a phishing attempt from there and I "THINK" I was on your site when it happened but could be wrong. Check and see to make sure.

Hi Skhilled.

I havent noticed the other errors you mention. Odd that you dont get the login2 error, Ive had 3 other members tell me they do get it - could it be outdated browsers?
re the 4shared bit, Im not aware of anything linking to them and couldnt find anything either. however, the mod widgets, while coming from reputable sources, may be outsourced by them. Any thoughts on how I can check this, both for now and future?

Im considering ditching the ticker tape - it looks nice enough but doesnt really serve any purpose.

Skhilled

Outdated browsers could be the issue. I always keep my software updated.

Disable the blocks one at a time and login and out and see if the problem still occurs. I was just there and it crashed my tab again.

lurkalot

Quote from: nidec on Nov 01, 2019, 12:40 PMI suggest you ask over at TP about those blocks. They may or may not be the cause of some of the issues. Even the User block looks like it's missing a few things after logging in.


What's wrong with the blocks?  I don't see a problem.

Skhilled

The blocks "look" ok but when I'm there my Firefox browser tab for that tab alone crashes. It only seems to happen on the home page.

Skhilled

On a hunch, I just tried it with Chrome and had no problems at all.

lurkalot

You mentioned user block has stuff missing, but I can't see anything missing, assuming downloads / articles etc are disabled it looks fine.

Some of the widgets in the blocks do take a while to load though, that I can see. Tried in Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and also in IE11

Skhilled

I don't know, it just looked off to me, could be wrong, tho. Might be the theme. Were you logged in when you looked at it?

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on Nov 01, 2019, 11:07 PMI don't know, it just looked off to me, could be wrong, tho. Might be the theme. Were you logged in when you looked at it?

Steve, yes I was, I'd signed up so I could see the user block as it's not visible to guests. I think those widgets are a bit hit and miss between browsers, they actually seem to load better in IE11 for me.  :o

Skhilled

I keep forgetting that you use IE. LOL

Still doesn't explain the login issue...

@nidec - can you attach your index.template.php file for CleanTek so I can have a look at it?